8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i noticed that the + side of the battery (the one on the left with the red cover). the clamp that holds onto the post is loose. i tried tightning it and its still really loose, i dont know how. it looks the way it should, i was just goin to replace the whole clamp, is this possible

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump. should i have honda do it under warranty, or should i just buy it from them and install it myself, i dont feel like dropping the car off and goin thru the hassle for such a minor thing

·
Registered
198 Posts
I had this problem until I changed my terminals. Try using a vice grip and clamping it. Please note this is only a temporary solution and will only work for as long as you keep the positive terminal on the battery. Hope this works.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the advice, yeah i want a perma fix. and yeah it is pushed down all the way and ive tighned the **** out of it trying to stay but its always loose, its weird but i just wanna fix it . obylium. what terminals did you use, from honda or somewhere else?

·
Registered
198 Posts
I used standard sound quest terminals. Wasn't that big of a project I just had to get two 4 gauge reducers for the two wires that lead to the + terminal.

The metal on the stock terminals is easy to bend so the vice should work great for now.

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
wow. i did a search for this problem and people actually have the same problem as me... another problem honda failed to find out... the positive wire terminal does not properly tighten on the positive side of the battery. gotta make my local trip to grab a metal spacer.... /sigh

1 - 9 of 9 Posts