8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a 06 Civic Si with the stock stereo......my cd player wont take any cd's.....when I try to put a cd in it just makes a noise as if it is trying to take the cd in, but nothing happens. Everything else still works like normal, radio, Ipod, wheel controls. I asked the dealer and they wouldn't even look at it, they said they dont fix systems they only replace it, and it would cost about $700! Seems like its just off track or something? Any suggestions?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im pretty sure there is nothing stuck in there or another cd. I was thinking about taking it to some local stereo shop.....hopefully they can solve the problem.....dont really wanna dish out big $$ for a new deck.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I drive a 06 si and have the same problem with my stock system. I just make up for it by using an ipod, which is more up to date anyway. However, our car should play CDs if we wanted it to. I would keep putting the cd back in after the system ejects it pushing it slowly back in. usually the 3rd-10th time it would work, but alot of work to play a cd if you just want to drive.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts