8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently moved to a new province and have to get an inspection before I can register my car and get insurance. I have evo9 recaro seats with no airbags so the light comes up on the dash. I can't pass like this so how can I bypass the sensor and make the light go away?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anybody? I was told of some sort of resistors you can use but have no idea which ones or how

·
Does this do anything?
2,716 Posts
The information is out there if you do a search. If you don't know what you're doing, I highly advise not messing with airbag systems. In many places, tampering with airbag systems can invalidate your insurance in the event of an accident/injury.

·
Registered
515 Posts
I just ordered Bride seats, when it says the airbag light? Does it cancel out the airbag from the dash? Or the airbags in the seats? That's highly dangerous if it makes your air bags in your dash stop from coming out in a accident?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I just ordered Bride seats, when it says the airbag light? Does it cancel out the airbag from the dash? Or the airbags in the seats? That's highly dangerous if it makes your air bags in your dash stop from coming out in a accident?
think its the airbags from the seat.

dont quote on me on that. :)

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
2.5 ohm resistors to make it think the seat air bags are present and then you have to jump out 2 wires on the 3 wire connector for the opds system to make it think that the opds is present . the only issue with this and inspection is that if the pass seat is not buckled the chime will go off like a pass is present ( this may tip them off that something is not correct ) . also once you rewire the set up to trick the the system the only way to reset the srs light is at the honda dealer . you cant just unhook the battery to reset it . you need the honda software to reset the srs .

1 - 13 of 13 Posts