8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am looking for some pics of an fg2 with a cai and p2r throttle body spacer instaled, because I just ordered one and it looks like am going to have some problems with the radiator house.

·
Purpul Plane 4ever!
40,686 Posts
it will bump up against the rad hose. I would call it a problem.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Mine is installed with the AEM CAI, yes it does touch the radiator hose... Took me and Sexy6Speed wayyy too long to get the intake back on... And I didn't feel a gain... Good luck

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Mine is installed with the AEM CAI, yes it does touch the radiator hose... Took me and Sexy6Speed wayyy too long to get the intake back on... And I didn't feel a gain... Good luck

I don't think there's anyone out there with a sane mind that can feel a 4-6hp difference. Just because you don't feel it, doesn't mean it doesn't give a gain. Every little bit helps as they accumulate together. You'll have to get one of those flexible radiator hoses that kragens sells. It'll run you about 40-50 bucks. It's basically a long metal flex hoses that comes with rubber couplers and you just cut it down to the length you need after you make all the bends. It's in the aisle with all the fittings, bolts, carbeurators, brake lines, etc. If you can find one somewhere else cheaper than kudos. I have a home made CAI. So my 90º coupler has a bit more wider bend than the AEM/Injen. I also have a P2R TB spacer along with thermal gaskets on both sides. So my intake system is as about far out as it can go. I still have about a good inch clearance and that's a pretty good amount of clearance. Don't mind the coolant pipe... I know it's ironic since it runs through the TB blah blah but I'm lazy... but I swear I'm gonna bypass it sooner or later =)

·
Registered
163 Posts
Hey Monkey approximately how many inches did you use for your radiator hose? I am planning on getting one soon but I am not sure whether I need a 24, 36, or 48 inch. Thanks

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Hey Monkey approximately how many inches did you use for your radiator hose? I am planning on getting one soon but I am not sure whether I need a 24, 36, or 48 inch. Thanks
Uhmmm I'm not sure what size. I know for sure its not 48 and I' know its not a 36 but I'm not sure if 24 will be enough or not. I did cut about a good 3 or 4 inches from the tip. I'll measure it tomorrow.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.