8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

There's my line out converter. I bought a 10 inch sub and a 550 watt amplifier and best buy told me I needed a line out converter for a factory HU.

So I am thinking that I use the RCA cables and attach it to the female jack on the right of the image.. and that small brown wire is for power? And if I need to attach the male ends on the left side of the image into my stereo where would I attach it?

btw I have read the guide on the audio DIY. He isn't clear on using a LOC and after looking at images of LOC's on google I am beginning to think that I bought the wrong LOC.

Very confused and wanting to begin wiring this up tomorrow.. pls help

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
arent line out converters supposed to have just two female rca ends and then speaker wire for tapping into speakers? im starting to think this isnt a line out converter!

·
Registered
294 Posts
triple post :facepalm:

this wires (i think 4 of them) should go to the rear speakers.. you have to find out which one is positive and negative (also check the manual that came with the LOC)

then connect the 2 female connectors to male which is connected to the amp..
it kind of makes sense, where else would you plug it into lol:beer:

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
looking through the immense amount of noise in that shot (lights turn them on ;))

I can see that this is a Ground Loop Isolator, this is NOT an LOC, this is an apparatus to reduce noise and what have you to the amps

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
looking through the immense amount of noise in that shot (lights turn them on ;))

I can see that this is a Ground Loop Isolator, this is NOT an LOC, this is an apparatus to reduce noise and what have you to the amps
ah, the man at best buy said i needed it for a factory HU. I guess i was tricked into his clever business skills. :eek:hsnap:

and sorry for triple post. I am a junior member at 8thcivic as well as the interwebs

·
Registered
249 Posts
ah, the man at best buy said i needed it for a factory HU. I guess i was tricked into his clever business skills. :eek:hsnap:

and sorry for triple post. I am a junior member at 8thcivic as well as the interwebs
No, he was right, he just didn't give you the right thing or you bought the wrong item. As far as I know, Best Buy doesn't carry stinger products (I work there) so you must have bought it and been mistaken on what it is. LOC will hook up to the rear speakers (or stock sub if you have a premium system) and the RCAs will go to your amp.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No, he was right, he just didn't give you the right thing or you bought the wrong item. As far as I know, Best Buy doesn't carry stinger products (I work there) so you must have bought it and been mistaken on what it is. LOC will hook up to the rear speakers (or stock sub if you have a premium system) and the RCAs will go to your amp.
i did go back tonight to buy a line out converter. apparently the guy that was working there before "has no idea what he is doing" when he sold me the ground loop insulator, which he had confused for the LOC which are right beside eachother on the shelf. either way i can still use both so its all good :D

do you work at a canadian best buy? this one i go to has half a shelf full of stinger wires.

·
Registered
249 Posts
i did go back tonight to buy a line out converter. apparently the guy that was working there before "has no idea what he is doing" when he sold me the ground loop insulator, which he had confused for the LOC which are right beside eachother on the shelf. either way i can still use both so its all good :D

do you work at a canadian best buy? this one i go to has half a shelf full of stinger wires.
pretty sure he's American, and here Best buys dont sell stinger, its all good though different product for a different market
Yea, I work at a Best Buy in Oklahoma, and we have ZERO stinger products. They don't even carry them on bestbuy.com. However, we will be getting kicker in soon. They've already sent out the employee accommodation so its only a matter of time before the product hits our shelves.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts