8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i bought these fog lights from kbcarstuff..

06-08 HONDA CIVIC 2D OEM FOG LIGHTS

the wiring system is different then the Oem style one.. i thought i would get the oem style one, but guess not.. it comes with its own relay/fuse, and hooks up directly to the battery..

i already have everything hooked up except 2 wires inside the car..
Ones white, and the other one is black.. I know black is ground and already found a spot for it, but i have no idea where to hook up the other one(White).. the white wire has a sticker on it that says "Lgnition"...

any help would be appreciated.. thanks

Relay, and fuse...

black and white to ground... (cant see white wire in pic)

·
Premium Member
4,294,967,295 Posts
Look in the DIY area on here and there are pics and verything you should need to know in there. I never had to hook anything up to the battery when I installed mine ?

·
Premium Member
4,294,967,295 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,294,967,295 Posts
i hooked both up to ground, but that doesnt work...
One is a ground for sure, did you check the fuse box under your dash to see if there is a fuse in the spot for the fog lights ? Bolth times I installed fogs I had to put a fuse in the spot cuz there was not one in there, hook the ground up and make sure there is a fuse in there and see if they work.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
The black one is ground and the other is ignition. What dont you understand? Hook the black up to a ground and the white goes to power that is activated by the key. An easy one to tap into is the thick blue wire in the front of the fuse box.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yea pretty sure, cus it doesnt even connect to the car's fog light harness.. but i did try that, and it didnt work..

i installed these before on a different civic, but forgot how i did it..

·
Banned
3,374 Posts
those are ground wires. disconnect the red wire. connect it to i think #36. Then you should be all good. had this same sh!t for my friend.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
under the hood, i hooked up the black one to ground.. Red one to battery(+).. mounted relay and fuse.. pulled the extension wire or watever through the inside and hooked it up to the connector there..and the black and white one hooked up to ground... and hooked the green connector to the switch...

·
Premium Member
4,294,967,295 Posts
Ok just checking, from the back of the lights it should go to the wire on the passenger side with the brown plug, then there is anouther brown plug inder the dash,then there is a blue plug that plugs into the fuse box under the dash, then the ground and then the fuse goes into the fuse box for the fogs and the white with red strip wire needs to plug into the harness that plugs into the fuse box also just like in the DIY on here.

If your hooking it right up to the cars battery then there is something wrong with the kit or something. The link that you put up are for the OEM style fogs and should hook up to your car like in the DIY.

Just trying to help :)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts