8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today I went to check out Civic Si, and the dealer is only willing to let it go at MSRP + TTL. I am wondering is that a fair deal? or can i get it down to invoice...since they don't have what i want and they have to order it anyway....Btw this is in Indiana Bloomington.

PS: I want TW, Sat Navi

·
Registered
410 Posts
Must dealers are starting to sell the 2007 at invoice and even below invoice price because need to get rid of them to make room for 2008 in a month.
Make them an offer, if they do not take it then email at least 5 dealers in your area and the 2 best prices you get make them fight for your money.
Good luck and let us know what happens.

·
Registered
139 Posts
sgtpruitt said:
:yeahthat: Get other dealers involved and make it known.
So, being new to buying/negotiating for a car, (may be a stupid question) what prevents the dealers from calling each other up and making a pact to not wage a price war?

Aside from that, I am dealing with a dealer that keeps telling me to bring the quote into the dealership so that they can beat it but I know for a fact that once I step into their lot, it'll be the head games all over again. Anyone got a good way of getting them to spit out their beating price? :biggrin:

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
dealers are owned by people who want money. There are no pacts to not steel business

Walk in with the other dealer on the cell phone with it to your ear and repeat everything both dealers say so the other hears it.

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
alpha said:
So, being new to buying/negotiating for a car, (may be a stupid question) what prevents the dealers from calling each other up and making a pact to not wage a price war?

Aside from that, I am dealing with a dealer that keeps telling me to bring the quote into the dealership so that they can beat it but I know for a fact that once I step into their lot, it'll be the head games all over again. Anyone got a good way of getting them to spit out their beating price? :biggrin:
They both want to sell you the car they aren't gonna call each other up. They would just assume slit the others throat. If you can get a price from one then go to another and try to beat the price. They are playing head games with you because they sense weakness. Go in there and say you will pay a certain price or you are just gonna leave and go by a GTI or something. It's a lie but who cares. They are sure gonna lie to you.

Fact is it seems like you need to do a little more prep work before you talk to them again. This is a good site http://www.carbuyingtips.com/

Don't go back until you are ready for battle. Dont impulse buy and get a new hole ripped into you. Better to wait than get pressured into buying it because think they have you believing you need them.

·
Registered
139 Posts
sgtpruitt said:
Fact is it seems like you need to do a little more prep work before you talk to them again. This is a good site http://www.carbuyingtips.com/
Hmm, great site! Funny thing is, I just used their offer spreadsheet and it looks like the deal I am working with is within just dollars of the spreadsheet's estimated fair price.

Does anyone know where I can find a list of MSRP and Invoice prices for accessories?

·
Registered
139 Posts
fairladyz_gt-r said:
So today I went to check out Civic Si, and the dealer is only willing to let it go at MSRP + TTL. I am wondering is that a fair deal? or can i get it down to invoice...since they don't have what i want and they have to order it anyway....Btw this is in Indiana Bloomington.

PS: I want TW, Sat Navi
Sorry, didn't mean to hijack the thread.

They can get lower than MSRP regardless of whether or not they have the exact car you want on their lot. I am not sure about getting it down to invoice though because it seems like the availability of the Si's are limited than non-Si Civics (or any other model for that matter!).

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Alright send out request to all the dealer in IN, if they are not willing to play with the price i look into getting it from other state....

·
Registered
246 Posts
alpha said:

LOL, the LAW doesn't let them do that. That's called price collusion, and the owners and operaters of any dealership that are caught doing that, which they would be, will go to jail.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts