8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I've never tuned with the AEM piggy back, but I do have tuning experience on GM vehicles. I do know what and how to adjust things but I need a hand.

This is not my car, I was contacted by a shop that did the turbo install and the car runs like crap. I started with the R18 base map and the car keeps going into limp mode. Not sure if the R18 base tune from TSI has the MAF and MAP clamped or if I need to clamp it. Also the Fuel trims according to the AEM f/ic are -40 at idle and -60 during cruise. This is with the base map.

I made changes to the Fuel table "MAP - load". I assume I had to take away from those numbers but the more I took, the richer it got. I ended up adding like +50 to idle in that table to get the trims on the f/ic to read -10 to 0.

It seems backwards to me. The car is throwing misfire, maf, map and o2 codes.

Could it be a wiring issue? Any advice would be greatly appriciated as I am not working on the car, just tuning it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its kinda shitty how you buy $3k plus kit and you can't get a reliable base map to at least drive it to the tuner
Ya really, but I am trying to find out if it was installed wrong or if the base map is just way off. Doesn't make sense to have to add more fuel than factory with larger injectors at idle and part throttle. I should have to remove fuel in low MAP areas throught the AEM unit to make the larger injectors run right but I am adding fuel to get the trims closer to zero.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Is the check engine light on ?
Yes it was on. We have reset it multiple times while playing with the maps. There were a bunch of MAF, MAP and O2 codes.

Also, do you have a base tune? Or an updated tune I can start off with? I don't know if he messes with the maps before I got at them.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
my tuner have messed with mine for hours....and im running fine but i just keep getting map and maf codes...also voltage was clamped at different areas it just wont go away im really getting sick of it though if anyone can help thatd be great id love to just enjoy my car now and stop F****** with it and spending money on tunning thats not getting me anywhere

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
my tuner have messed with mine for hours....and im running fine but i just keep getting map and maf codes...also voltage was clamped at different areas it just wont go away im really getting sick of it though if anyone can help thatd be great id love to just enjoy my car now and stop F****** with it and spending money on tunning thats not getting me anywhere
I hope we can get to the bottom of this and make it easier for people down the road too!

Do you have a base tune you could email me for comparision?

Also I made a post on AEM's forum, you should go into my thread and post so we can light a fire under AEMs ass.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I found out more info, the only thing he had wire up was the injector clips, the rest was a plug & play harness.

·
Banned
1,722 Posts
"light a fire under their asses"? why is it AEMs fault if tuners don't know what they are doing? I would light a fire under TSI's ass if it were anyone for the shittie base map.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
"light a fire under their asses"? why is it AEMs fault if tuners don't know what they are doing? I would light a fire under TSI's ass if it were anyone for the shittie base map.
It was more of a joke lol

I can't seem to get anyone to email me back. I called the person who did the base map for TSI and he was no help at all.

I do know how to tune and the correct to do things but the way I have to achive it with this is backwards.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Whom did you email who did the base tune?
It was Jason, not sure who he works for. *edit* It was Chruch Automotive. The mechanic working on the car was put into contact with him by TSI. He gave me the phone number to him so I called him.

The base tune was already on the AEM unit and he had a file that was Base R18. I want to make sure that I get the ORIGINAL base tune, not an altered one.

I do have tuning experience and this system is simple. He has no wideband though, just ordered it.

Does ANYONE have a base tune?

And it doesn't make sence when I add to the Fuel table "Map load" the trims go leaner. That's backwards from everything I've read about this system.

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
Oh I thought it was one of the engineers over at AEM..I don't know the specifics of your tune :( Is it using the FIC map sensor and just spoofing the stock map/maf?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Oh I thought it was one of the engineers over at AEM..I don't know the specifics of your tune :( Is it using the FIC map sensor and just spoofing the stock map/maf?
It is hooked up to the MAF, MAP, 02 sensor and it spoofs the stock maf/map to run the bigger injectors and turbo.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'd be going a different route as well if this was my car. Seems pretty quick but the tuning is holding it back so bad.

Are there any PCM flashing tune programs for the laptop for these cars?

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
yeah the FIC blooowwsss...everyone wishes they could see the car run with something better......ahhh me 2~!

im really sick of the little/whatever problems

·
Registered
571 Posts
The base map that Pro-Civic and TSI gave was useless and ran really badly. There is nothing wrong with the turbo kit, you just need to get an experenced tuner to tune your AEM FIC. I had to fly to Hong Kong to hire a experenced tuner to fly back with me to china (kunming) and tune my car, we tuned it for 3 days on the road and everything is fine. I have no check engine lights, no bogging issues and everything is great. I am running 0.5bar (low boost) and 0.7 bar (high boost) using the profec B boost controller.

If you want info about my tuner and how to contact him etc there is he's website and email address in my Thread which has all the problems i encountered and how i solved them.

Good luck with you tuning !!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The base map that Pro-Civic and TSI gave was useless and ran really badly. There is nothing wrong with the turbo kit, you just need to get an experenced tuner to tune your AEM FIC. I had to fly to Hong Kong to hire a experenced tuner to fly back with me to china (kunming) and tune my car, we tuned it for 3 days on the road and everything is fine. I have no check engine lights, no bogging issues and everything is great. I am running 0.5bar (low boost) and 0.7 bar (high boost) using the profec B boost controller.

If you want info about my tuner and how to contact him etc there is he's website and email address in my Thread which has all the problems i encountered and how i solved them.

Good luck with you tuning !!!
I did read through your thread. Lots of great info there!

So the wiring problem.... How did you fix it? Or was that the problem?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi,
I am sorry was not able to get to your post earlier. Have you got your car fixed or stillexperiencing problems . If you are still facing problems ,i could try and help.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts