8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here is my problem. i did my search on the fourm for heat soak but i can not find anything like my problem. my mod is just an injen sri. when i am at a stop with the engine fully warmed up and i try to rev my car it only goes up to 5800 rpm and it will go down and up like it hit the rev limiter. but when im driving i hit vtec and when the car is in motion i push on the clutch and rev up the car its normal. its just when im fully stoped it happens.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oh really cuz i remember before i rev up while i was stoped and it went above 6000 rpm and just recently i realized it was not going over 6000 rpm.
can someone try it out really fast and tell me what happens cuz im really worried.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
brentbigalo said:
yeah why would your car go into vtech when its not even moving?
yeah, why would your car turn into a phone?
noobs aside- your car has a 2 step rev limiter that limits the car to 5800 rpms at a dead stop. since your computer is getting signal from your VSS that it isnt moving, it wont allow the VTEC actuator to switch over. its on every SI.

·
Premium Member
13,469 Posts
isnt having no load on the engine and reving it up that high cause sloppienes in the bearings?, more of a fact rather then a question...

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
i thought it was so we didnt launch using our high cams

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
diepanthony said:
oh really cuz i remember before i rev up while i was stoped and it went above 6000 rpm and just recently i realized it was not going over 6000 rpm.
can someone try it out really fast and tell me what happens cuz im really worried.

so you're the fool who nearly blows his engine at every red light.

portabuddy said:
portabuddy isnt having no load on the engine and reving it up that high cause sloppienes in the bearings?, more of a fact rather then a question...

correct.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
^fyi, 5800 rpms is not "high". its no big deal guys.
-and if you are talking about load, consider that the more load you put on an engine, the more force you're putting on all its moving parts. that being said, on a free rev, you can build maybe a lb of boost turboed and have no effects, take that same car and put it to the floor and the top of 5'th and 6'th and you will most likely ruin something because of the massive load on the motor. that is also fact.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts