8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, i just got my Si and im starting to get bolt ons. I already have an AEM cai and now i am looking at exhaust. I want a nice deep exhaust that is deffently louder than the stock exhaust, but i dont want it to be overly loud to the point were its annoying. Ive been looking at the Greddy Ti-C and the Greddy Evo2, what do you guys think about those? Or if there are other exhaust that are better, tell me. Im trying to get the best!

Thanks

·
Registered
13,652 Posts
throwtheanchor said:
Hey, i just got my Si and im starting to get bolt ons. I already have an AEM cai and now i am looking at exhaust. I want a nice deep exhaust that is deffently louder than the stock exhaust, but i dont want it to be overly loud to the point were its annoying. Ive been looking at the Greddy Ti-C and the Greddy Evo2, what do you guys think about those? Or if there are other exhaust that are better, tell me. Im trying to get the best!

Thanks
Comptech or Greddy Evo2.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i just read the the skunk2 70mm is real loud. exactly how loud is it, like my brother has a 07 wrx with an hks hi power exhaust. and i dont mind how loud that is. i wan something that is going to be loud enough so im heard when i go by.

I

·
0 Posts
The Evo2 is barely louder than stock when driving normal, once you hit it, it gets good and loud and deep. If you plan on getting header at anypoint, it will make it even louder.

·
Registered
13,652 Posts
throwtheanchor said:
but ive read that the evo2 is barely louder than stock. Is this true? because i want it to be a good bit louder
I listened to every video on youtube and heard one in person and I like them with the race header, but by itself, it may be too quiet. To me the comptech and evo2 sound the same w/o the race header. The one comptech w/ rh vid I saw sounded close to the evo2 w/ rh that I saw. Not enough people have posted up clips of the comptech....

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Excalibur said:
I listened to every video on youtube and heard one in person and I like them with the race header, but by itself, it may be too quiet. To me the comptech and evo2 sound the same w/o the race header. The one comptech w/ rh vid I saw sounded close to the evo2 w/ rh that I saw. Not enough people have posted up clips of the comptech....
see i havnt decided if im going to get headers or not. so i want something that will be decently loud now. im afraid with the evo2 that it wont be loud enough for me. how do you feel about the skunk2 mega power exhaust?

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
throwtheanchor said:

Thanks
listen for yourself, its not loud enough for me, so it might be good for you, it looks nice, not to big. its neuspeed

i just dont think people are even considering it, which make me want the skunk2 70, any way it sounds deeper than stock but not ricey or raspy

I

·
0 Posts
Skunk2 mega is one of the loudest and most obnoxious exhausts Ive ever heard in my life.

·
Registered
13,652 Posts
throwtheanchor said:
see i havnt decided if im going to get headers or not. so i want something that will be decently loud now. im afraid with the evo2 that it wont be loud enough for me. how do you feel about the skunk2 mega power exhaust?
I loved the skunk2 70 mm by itself and then I got the buddy club rh and didn't like it as much, but now I'm starting to get used to it and love it again. You will like it I'm sure. I think the only reason I didn't like the skunk2 is b/c I don't want popo attention. I just drive it carefully and baby it and it's not too loud though.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Excalibur said:
I loved the skunk2 70 mm by itself and then I got the buddy club rh and didn't like it as much, but now I'm starting to get used to it and love it again. You will like it I'm sure. I think the only reason I didn't like the skunk2 is b/c I don't want popo attention. I just drive it carefully and baby it and it's not too loud though.
when you got the headers what made you not like then, got too loud? when you just had the exhaust how loud was it when you were in the car. also ive read that people think it takes away power, is this true.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
i got the evo2. it sounds good. I have an FA5, and i've bought the HFP muffler before. evo2 is not too loud, like the vibrant, not too soft, like the WS2. Evo2 got that deep tone when you drive, and it's not annoying when you're driving for a long time. but whichever you pick, all these exhaust are decent exhaust. :thumb:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts