8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i dont know which muffler i wanna get for my 07 si sedan. i am going to buy the muffler and get the cat-back done custom at my local muffler shop because i found it to be cheaper. someone tell me what they have put on theres and how it sounds, i was thinking an apexi n1 or possibly an hks has anyone had experience with either of these? i would greatly appreciate some help thanks

·
Registered
5,361 Posts
i dont know which muffler i wanna get for my 07 si sedan. i am going to buy the muffler and get the cat-back done custom at my local muffler shop because i found it to be cheaper. someone tell me what they have put on theres and how it sounds, i was thinking an apexi n1 or possibly an hks has anyone had experience with either of these? i would greatly appreciate some help thanks
why not just spend the extra cash on a legit exhaust? it is a new car

it might be worth it man

·
Registered
809 Posts
Let us know what it is your looking for. Performance? Loudness? If you dont care how loud it is you should look into a full cat back exhaust iwith muffler. If your trying to keep the decibles down just get a axle back like the HFP.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
you do have a point about the full cat-back so iam not sure what iam doin about that but iam looking for good performance and the right size for several engine upgrades in the future. i also want one that doesnt sound cheap or ricey i want a nice deep sound. and i know this sounds stupid but the only thing i can compare it to is i want one that sounds like cars on fast and the furious obviously thats hard because they have other engine upgrades that i dont i just dont want my new car to sound likea piece of **** with a hole in the muffler like all the other cars with cheap exhuasts in town :) oh and i dont mind if its loud as long as it sounds good

·
Premium Member
10,300 Posts
Make sure the Muffler shop has a mandrel bending machine or you will loose power from factory. When they bend pipe with a regular old bending machine the inside of the bend gets pushed in towards the flow area making the inside diameter smaller causing restrictions. The mandrel bending machine keeps the pipe the same diameter all the way through. This is what is used on the full exhausts that are for sale for our cars.

·
Registered
264 Posts

·
Registered
13,652 Posts
you do have a point about the full cat-back so iam not sure what iam doin about that but iam looking for good performance and the right size for several engine upgrades in the future. i also want one that doesnt sound cheap or ricey i want a nice deep sound. and i know this sounds stupid but the only thing i can compare it to is i want one that sounds like cars on fast and the furious obviously thats hard because they have other engine upgrades that i dont i just dont want my new car to sound likea piece of **** with a hole in the muffler like all the other cars with cheap exhuasts in town :) oh and i dont mind if its loud as long as it sounds good
Why don't you keep the stock exhaust and get a dcrh. It sounds sweet like that. Then, if you want it louder, get the megan midpipe. If you want it louder than that, then seach through all of your other options on youtube.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok thanks for all your help iam just gonna do some research on youtube. but next question not sure whether i should get a three inch pipe or two in a half. iam getting cai a week after the exhuast and in less than a year iam gonna get internals, computer. and possibly turbo upgrade. so my question is will it hurt if i get the 3 inch because i dont have a turbo yet or should i get it for later on down the road. thanks

·
Registered
13,652 Posts
ok thanks for all your help iam just gonna do some research on youtube. but next question not sure whether i should get a three inch pipe or two in a half. iam getting cai a week after the exhuast and in less than a year iam gonna get internals, computer. and possibly turbo upgrade. so my question is will it hurt if i get the 3 inch because i dont have a turbo yet or should i get it for later on down the road. thanks
2.75" would be the best, but I would get the 2.5". I may be selling my comptech here soon if you're looking at that so keep an eye out. I would personally get the x intake over a cai.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok i think ill end up going with 2.5 cause thats what my friends have been telling me also, just figured ide come on here to clerify. but speeking of the x intake i know this isnt the place to ask but ive been looking at all the x intake threads and theres too much so could someone simply explain to me what it is exactly. and how i get one. just to let you know i am new at this iam only 18 but iam pretty mechanically inclined so what iam saying is a picture and a simple explanation is all i need to see if i want to intall one of those thanks :)

·
Registered
110 Posts
Forget the bandwagon! Get the greddy dt axel-back and get custom piping. I had my local shop cut off the resonators of the stock piping and I am pleased with the results

·
Registered
13,652 Posts
ok i think ill end up going with 2.5 cause thats what my friends have been telling me also, just figured ide come on here to clerify. but speeking of the x intake i know this isnt the place to ask but ive been looking at all the x intake threads and theres too much so could someone simply explain to me what it is exactly. and how i get one. just to let you know i am new at this iam only 18 but iam pretty mechanically inclined so what iam saying is a picture and a simple explanation is all i need to see if i want to intall one of those thanks :)
I'm sorry, but I'm not gonna make your life that simple. Go to the stickies and read the first little bit about the x intake. It should answer all of your questions as far as what it is and where to order it.

·
Registered
8,756 Posts
lol at end + rep.
Glad you enjoyed :biggrin: Still irked that I didn't do it on a straight road. Ah well. I couldn't hear the exhaust at all anyway.

FYI, LSD exhaust sounds a bit diff than that video cus' that car has a racing header, at least so I've been told.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts