8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7,085 Posts
Hey your a Marine too?

Theres some tokico's out right now. Gonna cost you about 400-500 bucks for all four though. And for $900 you could get the Tein basic coilovers! I heard peeps saying the basic's were crap though.

Im running the same setup as you, Tein Springs and skunk2 camber kit. Im just gonna wait il my stock shocks have had enough and then decide!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I'm a Marine too, stationed at MCAS Miramar.... Yeah i don't know which one to get, but i heard tokico is pretty good for the setup that we have on our civic....

·
CHOO-CHOO!!!!!!
14,929 Posts
I'd wait for the Koni Yellows. Pretty much all of us are.

·
CHOO-CHOO!!!!!!
14,929 Posts
Spring or Summer of 08. Just use the search button up top, type in Koni , and I'm sure a few Koni threads will appear before your eyes.:thumb:

·
Premium Member
2,754 Posts
I'd wait for the Koni Yellows. Pretty much all of us are.
KONI Yellows are a great shock, but so are TOKICO's. They are valved more aggressively than OE (20-50%) and can handle most lowering springs. Some people just need a shock to accomodate their lowering spring and not the premier shock on the market (I would say on a scale of 10 TOKICO's are a 7/8 and KONI's are a 9). TOKICO's also come with a limited lifetime warranty. And I am not certain, but I would estimate that the KONI Yellows will likely sell for $700-$800 for the set.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.