8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im bought to pick up some s tech springs and was wondering if anyone can help me install as i dont have tools and dont know what to do haha.. tony?! =P

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
rent a spring compresser for the front two... directions on house to use them is on the box.
break loose the 3 bolts on top of the strut
take off the wheel and there are two more bolts you take off behind the rotor
now take off the top 3 bolts and pull the assembly out
(make sure your careful not to hit the axel boot, if you tear it then your gonna need to repair it)
put the whoel thing on the floor and attach the spring compresser, and compress!
then you put you foot on it and start to un bolt the top.
slide the stock spring out and replace te top hat and your done with the front.

and for the rear... the spring is seperate soo just keep twisting and pulling untill it comes out. it might help if you unbolt the strut and the rotor.

more detail on what to do in the diy thread.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
im about to pick up some s tech springs and was wondering if anyone can help me install as i dont have tools and dont know what to do haha.. tony?! =P
rent a spring compressor for the front two... directions on how to use them is on the box.
break loose the 3 bolts on top of the strut
take off the wheel and there are two more bolts you take off behind the rotor
now take off the top 3 bolts and pull the assembly out
(make sure your careful not to hit the axel boot, if you tear it then your gonna need to repair it)
put the whole thing on the floor and attach the spring compressor, and compress!
then you put you foot on it and start to un bolt the top.
slide the stock spring out and replace te top hat and your done with the front.

and for the rear... the spring is seperate soo just keep twisting and pulling untill it comes out. it might help if you unbolt the strut and the rotor.

more detail on what to do in the diy thread.

damn you guys need to check your spelling hahah both of you

sorry to put you two on blast:bighug:

·
Registered
184 Posts
i have a set of s tech on the stock shocks already, wanna trade for yours? i have s2 pro c on mines now so now they are just sitting

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i have the same springs =)
lemme know if you need help
haha damn i woulda asked but i alrdy got them installed hehe =P thanks though!!

i have a set of s tech on the stock shocks already, wanna trade for yours? i have s2 pro c on mines now so now they are just sitting
sorry got them installed lastnite alrdy! thanks though!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts