8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 2006 Honda Civic si bone stock with a stock base map from hondata. I did a rolling pull (not redlining) from 1-3rd gear then my CEL light appeared blinking. So my third cylinder is constantly misfiring and it’s not my coils or spark plugs I’m stuck with what to check or do next, fuel injectors? Compression test? Someone told me my 3rd cylinder piston ring went out??? I hope that’s not it. (Also I’m a novice with cars so be easy lmaoo)

·
Registered
151 Posts
How do you know it’s not a plug or coil? Compression check is a good start. How do you know it’s #3?

Lots of things can cause this but let’s narrow it down. If compression checks out I’d suspect plug or coil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
How do you know it’s not a plug or coil? Compression check is a good start. How do you know it’s #3?

Lots of things can cause this but let’s narrow it down. If compression checks out I’d suspect plug or coil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So it’s me again but with a new account because it won’t let me sign in. Anyways I’ve replaced the spark plugs and did the coil switch thing and it showed that my coils were still working. I checked the cel code and it’s giving a 303 misfire detected code. So what should the compression be around? 200? Also if I find out my compression is fine what does that tell me?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts