8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just replaced my clutch,flywheel (10lbs),throw out bearing and axle seals. When I went to drive it for the first time the clutch pedal was totally different like you have to push it all the way to the floor almost for it to disengage and as soon as u start to even lift your big toe it’s re engaging and trying to go. So I know I need to do some adjusting but to save some time and potential damages caused by just guessing what’s the right was I need to turn the screws clockwise or counterclockwise?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Try bleeding the clutch. Open bleeder, push pedal to the floor, close bleeder, lift pedal off floor, repeat until all of the bubbles are out.

Also try adjusting the clutch pedal. I believe I have mine adjusted so it bumps stops on the firewall at the bottom of the pedal and the cruise control switch at the top with the cmc perfectly in between just so the pedal travel does not bump stop on the cmc.

Mainly sounds like your hydraulics are not working to the fullest, meaning the slave pin is not getting pushed far enough.

What pressure plate did you use? If it is stiffer than stock then you might have an internal cmc or slave cylinder hydraulic leak.

I have a exedy stage 1 and I have symptoms the same as yours. I am getting an internal leak in the hydraulics and I replaced the cmc and slave with the latest stock part numbers when I did my clutch 35k miles ago.

I just order the sirimoto kit from procivic and I am waiting for it to arrive.
https://www.procivic.com/p/ym/2007/civic/n1-clutch-master-slave-cylinder-upgrade-kit.html?ctid=205

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn’t undo any of the clutch fluid lines but the slave cylinder did look a little rough around the boot area it had go feel to it and then when we changed the clutch it went like a feather still works and everything but I try that maybe it will help some or just replace it. Idk about the brand flywheel ok hve to look again but I know I went from factory to a 10lb flywheel and also the exedy stage one I didn’t know we could adjust the cruise control one guess I need to just play around with it till I find the sweet spot

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Exedy is a little stiffer than stock so maybe you do have an internal leak showing up now. You can try bleeding. I bled mine and it helped but it came back so I know it is leaking slightly internally to where it is not pushing the slave pin enough.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I prob just go ahead and replace it and get it over with. I used the pressure plate that came in the exedy box and went oem on the throw out bearing but according to the ad it was a Goldrush performance flywheel (11lbs) not 10

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I went back in there and replaced my throwout bearing and bushing with oem and it wore out also. I also have an 11lbs flywheel and it definitely makes the engine more responsive. Faster rpm up and down it seems.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts