8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wassup guys,
I have been reading and searching around and I knw now that DC improved the quality of their hearder. But in the Dyno threads I saw that what mostly the gain of the power from the DCRH was removing the cat and not so much in how the flow of the header was.

So now idk if i should by the DCRH or just get a test pipe. I dont want my car to sound raspy and I heard that it does once you get one. Also, does DC only make ceramic RH for our cars or do they make Stainless Steel as well?. I much rather the quality for the SS.. what do you guys thing?
Is the power and sound from the RH worth the extra money over the test pipe?

·
Registered
336 Posts
I just got a DCRH and there is no doubt that the improvement is noticeable. I don't have any dynos to show you the exact, factual gains, but it's from personal experience. Before, I only had a SRI and there was some lag in the low to mid range; however, with the DCRH, there is no lag, but a boost in the low and mid range - mainly due to the 4-2-1 and the removal of the cat.

If you don't have to worry about cops concerning the cat, then I would recommend spending the money to get the DCRH.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
g0chu said:
I just got a DCRH and there is no doubt that the improvement is noticeable. I don't have any dynos to show you the exact, factual gains, but it's from personal experience. Before, I only had a SRI and there was some lag in the low to mid range; however, with the DCRH, there is no lag, but a boost in the low and mid range - mainly due to the 4-2-1 and the removal of the cat.

If you don't have to worry about cops concerning the cat, then I would recommend spending the money to get the DCRH.
Sounds good, did you get ceramic? there is no stainless steel right?

·
Registered
336 Posts
I got it from Wesellcarparts.com for $355 free shipping. You might be able to find a slightly better deal, but not much :)

·
Registered
9,758 Posts
i gott he dc but what kind of exhaust do you have? i had to get a different exhust cuz mine was to loud

1 - 9 of 9 Posts