8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

61 - 80 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Yes. I tightened it all the way to the CMC before installing. The directions said not to tighten beforehand, but after attempting to tighten with the CMC installed I decided there was no way that was going to happen.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I just realized I put my clutch line on backwards. Lol. No worries. It angles up towards the firewall and curves back down. I guess they want you to keep it loosened until the proper orientation is achieved in regards to running the cable back to the slave cylinder. So, as long as you have that worked out, you can tighten down the fitting on the CMC before attaching it to the firewall.

·
Registered
293 Posts
...one more clutch pedal adjustment.

To add a bit more detail to my post earlier about how I adjusted my clutch pedal. You want to also make sure you have enough "travel" to fully disengage the clutch. I did have this adjusted above, but I added a little bit more travel so my high RPM shifting was crisper, which it is now.

And thanks to the ones who helped me take the plunge on the EM1 CMC. I appreciate everyone's input.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hopefully you did not follow the hybrid tutorial step by step they specifically tell you to use the wrong parts. OEM parts that have to be switched over are OEM: Rod, pedal bracket, and locknut. Glad everything else worked out for you man!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Awesome! I just remembered when I was installing mine the instructions on the hybrid page told me to install it with their parts, glad they updated finally!

·
Registered
293 Posts
There is one thing I'd like to get straight. When you installed yours did your connection back to the slave cylinder using the supplied stainless steel braided line point up toward the hood or down toward the ground?

·
Registered
18 Posts
IM not entirely sure but I do remember I had one hell of a time at the beginning trying to get the CMC through the firewall holes until I realized the line was upside down, then I switched it around and it fit right into the firewall. Pretty sure the banjo fitting should be facing down.. but dont quote me for certainty on that

·
Registered
293 Posts
Yeah. I'm pretty sure I installed mine upside down if that's the case. No worries though. It is working great.

Thanks.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yea most likely if you had troubles like you said fitting into the firewall and if youre second guessing yourself, yikes but yea no worries it probably just adds a little unnecessary stress on the line at times but I dont think it should cause problems..

·
Registered
293 Posts
So it seems up is the standard, but I'm sure down would be fine. As long as it's mounted securely to the firewall, all should be golden.

·
Registered
18 Posts
It makes more sense to me down to be correct as the CMC is higher than where the line is running and connecting to the transmission bracket slave line and it fits better facing down. Either way hopefully were both golden! LOL

·
Registered
18 Posts
If you scroll down and look at the picture of how he has his line hooked up the fitting is facing down. I know its a diff fitting but still its basically the same and he installed his downwards. Im not sure where you found the info that it should be facing upwards but im still skeptical haha

61 - 80 of 95 Posts