8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

41 - 60 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
No, it was like a clutch slipping if going bad. I have had to limp cars home by starting in the car in gear to get it going then power shifting at rpm to go gear to gear.
Folks on here have quite the time bleeding CMC's. I know on my Z-28 I had to bench bleed it then install it, then do the pump multiple times and hold, then I got the air out of it.
I would be curious again to see that clutch fork move and if you have to, just replace that CMC? Stock costs $70 so what does a aftermarket one cost? Look to the firewall and see if there is another broken bracket issue.
Cheap checks vs. transmission pull. Which really isn't that big of deal espcially with your backing.
If I am in NC, can I stop by to have some things looked at? Wish I had a lift.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I want to say it's the CMC, but at the same time, I don't want to replace parts that I don't need to.

What's the going consensus here pertaining to the Omni or the EM1 CMC? Did I see a Hybrid version too?

So far I haven't been "invited" to look at my car on the lift yet. Lol. If I do, I'm sure I can hook you up.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Like I said earliar man only benefits come from upgrading to EM1 CMC with stainless steel lines and correct adaptors, just get the hybrid racing 8th gen cmc upgrade package and spend a little extra money, everything comes in the package you need to install. Just need to switch some parts from your oem CMC to the new CMC. Use your oem rod, pedal bracket and locknut and everything else is good to go. Takes about an hour tops for full install if you have general knowledge. Smooth non resistant shifts everytime even at 8200 1st to 2nd

·
Registered
293 Posts
What? Are you psychic? I'm on the Hybrid website at the checkout screen. Anything else to add before I purchase?

·
Registered
293 Posts
Well, it finally arrived today. Thank you Kris at Hybrid-Racing. I've read through the instructions, twice. I'm concerned about the bleeding process. I've done it once before, but I borrowed a vacuum pump from Advance Auto last time. I'll have to see if I need to do that again.

Any tips to help speed up the process?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Let me know how this works out for you. My car did the Sam last night. Installed new Hasport rear mount and adjusted the CMC rod as I was getting some slippage. Car drove great for about 30 miles then I couldn't get it into gear, any of them. After some persuasion, I can get 2nd, 4th, and 6th pretty easy. Gonna try and set the pedal and rod back to stock and see what happens.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
293 Posts
I put the rod and bracket to the same threads it was on the old CMC. Bled out the air. Initial drivability is good. I'll elaborate more later. I had previously done the clutch pedal adjustment via a forum post here.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I can say that shifting is greatly improved. The clutch engagement is a little different. I'll get used to it. By myself it took me 6 hours. I followed the Hybrid-Racing instructions exactly which I believe was done by a member on here. I had no idea how recessed the CMC was in the engine compartment. The hardest part was getting the new CMC aligned through the firewall. Everything else was manageable. The clutch pedal was on the floor before bleeding the system. Just take your time during the bleeding process, and pressure will return with each successive bleeder valve open/close. Two people would have greatly saved time with the install. So, have a buddy help if you can.

·
Registered
293 Posts
All you changed wss the CMC? What procedures did you us to adjust the rod and pedal

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

I did have to adjust the pedal today. It was super easy. I pulled the pin off the bracket. Adjusted the bracket to where I thought the pedal should sit fully engaged(no foot position). Just a small amount of free play before you could feel the piston engage. Loosened the clutch sensor and screwed in to meet the pedal. Tightened the clutch sensor bolt and clutch bracket/rod. Put the pin back. Clutch pedal throw and engagement is perfect. It's been a long time since my clutch has felt this good.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Holy crap, 6 hours? -_-;

I actually have the exact same thing from Hybrid on the way to my door at this very moment, should be here Wednesday although it'll probably be another few months before I actually tackle this in my driveway (it's cold out) and it's merely a preventative measure on my part, I've not had any issues yet but I don't want any either.

One thing I wanted to ask the people who are getting the newer CMC kits from Hybrid is did you tighten the clutch line all the way to the CMC before install? I know it says not to, put that's with the old style line that hits the firewall, it seems the new one with the banjo fitting has alleviated this. I'd imagine it would be much simpler to set the proper angle, tighten it down, and then get it into the firewall and not have to worry about it again. I'd like to know more about your experience if you wouldn't mind.

41 - 60 of 95 Posts