8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i put my Greddy kit together and it runs like straight ass with my 600cc injectors in it. I can';t even get it to the tune it is so unbearable to drive. Does anyone have a Flashpro tune that i could download to us to at least limp my car to the tune shop? It is needed VERY soon

·
Registered
18,914 Posts
id imagine that you can flash it with the stock greddy map and then scale the injectors for the 600cc instead of the XXX size the map is designed for.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is what i did but at least i thought that is what i did. It just didn't work, it wont idle properly and loads up like a mother when i get on the gas just a little

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
be careful to hit wot. one member dumped his engine on his new greddy turbo kit while wot going to the store. It was pre-tuned with emanage but crapped out on him. poor guy.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
base map should get you to the tuner, just easy on the pedal

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I ran into more problems than just a tune. I loaded the base tune and that fixed the problems i had with the car loading up or stalling out. I had a massive exhaust leak coming from the head to the mani (blown gasket) and i took it to Honda and they gave me some bs story how my piping wasn;t lined up properly and so on (aka they didnt wanna touch a turbo car). So i rode my bike to Honda got a new gasket myself and 12am my boy and i put in the new gasket and fixed the leak.

Now we are dealing with an issue of the number 4 injector not firing. It isn;t the injector cause i switched out the injectors around from cylinder 3 to cylinder 4 and then i had a misfire in cylinder 3. So now i have to take it to the shop for them to fix either a wiring problem or the injectors overloaded the ecm on the bad tune and now its shot but we will see. I gotta call the shop tomorrow and see when i can get it in this week,

Besides all that, the plumbing is perfect, no oil leaks and the turbo spools perfectly with the blow off valve making me chubbed every time it goes off. Hopefully i can have her running in the next week or so.

·
Registered
8,668 Posts
I ran into more problems than just a tune. I loaded the base tune and that fixed the problems i had with the car loading up or stalling out. I had a massive exhaust leak coming from the head to the mani (blown gasket) and i took it to Honda and they gave me some bs story how my piping wasn;t lined up properly and so on (aka they didnt wanna touch a turbo car). So i rode my bike to Honda got a new gasket myself and 12am my boy and i put in the new gasket and fixed the leak.

Now we are dealing with an issue of the number 4 injector not firing. It isn;t the injector cause i switched out the injectors around from cylinder 3 to cylinder 4 and then i had a misfire in cylinder 3. So now i have to take it to the shop for them to fix either a wiring problem or the injectors overloaded the ecm on the bad tune and now its shot but we will see. I gotta call the shop tomorrow and see when i can get it in this week,

Besides all that, the plumbing is perfect, no oil leaks and the turbo spools perfectly with the blow off valve making me chubbed every time it goes off. Hopefully i can have her running in the next week or so.
Dude don't take your car to honda, especally for that gasket. either a retable shop or better yet DIY.

I'm a little confussed, your saying you have a dead #4 cylinder, and swapped injectors and #4 was still dead. if so double check your wires, i'm willing to bet the wires are backwards.

i doubt the ecu got overloaded, i have never ever heard of that happening with our gen cars.

·
Registered
556 Posts
You are definitely having an uphill battle man. Yeah I haven't ever heard of our ECU ever overloading as well. As Ainokea_Si suggested, get a compression test done...something ain't right.

·
Registered
6,283 Posts
Dude don't take your car to honda, especally for that gasket. either a retable shop or better yet DIY.

I'm a little confussed, your saying you have a dead #4 cylinder, and swapped injectors and #4 was still dead. if so double check your wires, i'm willing to bet the wires are backwards.

i doubt the ecu got overloaded, i have never ever heard of that happening with our gen cars.
yea 2nd suggestion on wiring and connection.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I will definintely check everything out. I am hoping it is just the wiring. Supa Ninja- what i was getting at was that i was checking if it was a bad injector because i had a miss in cylinder 4 so i swapped the injectors putting the injector from cylinder 3 into cylinder four and four into 3. After that i still had the miss in cylinder 4 so that is how i concluded it wasnt the injector but i will try and get the wiring checked this week. This week is finals week for me at college and i am going for my Masters degree so i have a much more important issue at hand. My car isn;t moving though so as soon as i get the time will check the wiring and try and get her boostin as soon as i can.

I am also going to try and pull some wires and do a frequency test to make sure all my connections are good as well. I will keep you updated

·
Registered
8,668 Posts
look on line for a diy on testing the signals to the inj, there is a fairly simple test, all you need is a 5 dollar test probe and you got to hook it up weird because its a gnd signal that triggers the inj. It really sounds like the wires are backwards on the inj plug for number 4. Super easy fix, you should be good after that.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ok we did a compression test and a wire test on the injectors and its all good so it is something before the injectors or the ecm. I have no idea what it is but i think i am just going to just take it to the shop and hopefully they can get it all straightened out. Got some few other things i need finished up at the shop anyways and get my car dynoed.
I finally got my car running after it was totaled and now this. The wait is killing me.

Btw ProZach626.... thanks lol. I got a chance to Michelle Carrera in person once and i instantly fell in love lol

1 - 20 of 39 Posts