8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received my RT High-Flow cat yesterday. I brought it to the shop this morning and the guys are telling me that there are 2 O2 sensors on the exsisting cat. when i looked at the new one i dont remember seeing a spot for 2 sensors, only for one...i know for a fact that the new cat isnt suppose to through a check engone light. is there something im missing?

·
Registered
13,652 Posts
There should be a primary on the header and a secondary on the cat.

I hate to be rude, but I would have went with the magnaflow cat. I hope you like what you got though.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
well yes stock theres one before the cat and one in the cat...where is this o2 bung located? in the new cat...

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thx for the info guys...the install shop was able to find them without a problem

Excalibur said:
There should be a primary on the header and a secondary on the cat.

I hate to be rude, but I would have went with the magnaflow cat. I hope you like what you got though.
No its fine your not being rude. I got the RT cat because I heard from people on this forum as well as others that had it that they were very happy with it. I do have a magnaflow exhaust which i love but when looking for a cat I just didn't really seem to do much research with them. i also like to think that you get what you pay for (maybe not always the best thing). The RT is significantly more than other brands which i looked at and I'm hoping it was more pricey for a reason. In any case I hope I like what I got too.

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
SPORT injected said:
thx for the info guys...the install shop was able to find them without a problem

No its fine your not being rude. I got the RT cat because I heard from people on this forum as well as others that had it that they were very happy with it. I do have a magnaflow exhaust which i love but when looking for a cat I just didn't really seem to do much research with them. i also like to think that you get what you pay for (maybe not always the best thing). The RT is significantly more than other brands which i looked at and I'm hoping it was more pricey for a reason. In any case I hope I like what I got too.
Magnaflow doesn't make a bolt on unit. It is a weld in unit. RT is stainless steel with a metallic substrate. It is also a 300 cell cat and it is a bolt on unit with no welding or modification. It is worth what it costs.

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
a little off topic...but will you throw a check engine light with a HF cat? or will it pass emissions? (i live in NY and we have the same CARB laws as cali.....) i am considering getting the magnaflow...but i dont want any problems later on.

·
Registered
13,652 Posts
Excelerate said:
Magnaflow doesn't make a bolt on unit. It is a weld in unit. RT is stainless steel with a metallic substrate. It is also a 300 cell cat and it is a bolt on unit with no welding or modification. It is worth what it costs.
So are flanges and a bung install on a hfc worth 200 bucks? If it is, rthfc is your answer.

·
Registered
13,652 Posts
NIGHTHAWKSI said:
a little off topic...but will you throw a check engine light with a HF cat? or will it pass emissions? (i live in NY and we have the same CARB laws as cali.....) i am considering getting the magnaflow...but i dont want any problems later on.
Get an antifouler or make your own and you won't have a cel. Some claim that they didn't have to do that, but i would just so I wouldn't have to see that light come on and think it's something that it's not.
Search cel illiminator or antifouler and if you need help, pm me.
Here's a link to one that you can buy that is angled. http://www.strutking.com/civicfg-defoulerangled.html

·
Registered
13,652 Posts
NIGHTHAWKSI said:
thanks...i know about them but i wasnt sure if you needed them with a HF cat or only with a test pipe/RH
I had the random tech hfc on our last lude and we had a cel. It went away after the diy cel illiminator.

·
Registered
13,652 Posts
ryanster01 said:
where for 200 bucks i have only seen it for 400
If you look on HottExhaust.com, the price varies with what you want but is around 84 bucks to 160. then you have the stock flanges welded on (or your choice of flanges they have available at you exhaust shop) along with the o2 bung. All that together should be as cheap or cheaper than the random tech; it all depends on what a shop would charge you. I'm sure a place around me would do it for like 30 bucks or so, so I would be looking at around 180 completed give or take.

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
Excelerate said:

I agree 100% magnaflow ftl vibrant ftw...:thumb:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts