8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im was trying to install my front lip but I remember overtightening this bolt last time and now it wont come off. I can keep turning it and turning but it just doesnt come out. How can I get this this off?

·
Registered
137 Posts
^^^ :yeahthat: ^^^

You need to apply a "pulling force" while turning counterclockwise. Wedging a small screwdriver or putty knife (gently) between the frame and bolt might help do that.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea I tried that and still wont come out. I also tried drilling it out and still nothing. damn I really dont know what else I can do, my bumper is stuck on there.

·
Registered
7,339 Posts
Visegrips?
Yes :thumb:

use needle nose visegrips, place the visegrip as shown in the pic bellow(red item is suppose to be the visegrip) secure the bolt by clamping down on it(make sure visegrips have a good grab on the bolt) if all done correctly you will be able to move the bolt. Hope it helped.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I had a problem with this bolt too. This job ask for a dremel. I just dremeled a flat line and then used an flat head and hammered it counter clockwise.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I'm confused - is the problem that the head is stripped out so that you cannot turn the bolt with a hex bit or is the problem that the threads are stripped & the bolt spins freely but won't bite the threads & back out?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts