8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im was trying to install my front lip but I remember overtightening this bolt last time and now it wont come off. I can keep turning it and turning but it just doesnt come out. How can I get this this off?

·
Registered
137 Posts
^^^ :yeahthat: ^^^

You need to apply a "pulling force" while turning counterclockwise. Wedging a small screwdriver or putty knife (gently) between the frame and bolt might help do that.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea I tried that and still wont come out. I also tried drilling it out and still nothing. damn I really dont know what else I can do, my bumper is stuck on there.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I'm confused - is the problem that the head is stripped out so that you cannot turn the bolt with a hex bit or is the problem that the threads are stripped & the bolt spins freely but won't bite the threads & back out?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.