8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i got 43k and i only put 4k on my clutch when i got it and the stock is fried....i need a diy for a 2007 civic si cause i replaced one before but that was a 95 civic...so if you guys got any links or anything of the sort it would be great i dont wanna pay 800 for labor when i know i can do it myself...

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
o and i meant 43,000 miles on clutch and flywheel but i only put on 4,000 so i need a good link hopefully with pics..thanks

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
I'm just coming to the end of my clutch/flywheel install. I've been doing a little bit day by day. It is a rather laborious task. Everything is pretty straight forward, but there are a few things that you have to make sure you do along the way.

Experience on a job like this helps out big time. I just found out the hard way. Lol

Anyhow, there is a lot more to it than this, but this will start you in the right direction.

http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/transmission/33818-diy-dropping-transmission-installing-clutch.html

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thx man that def helped alot now i am working on getting the sub frame off cause the tranny cant drop without it...but is there any thread for taking off the bumper cause i am also putting an injen cai but i gotta remove the stock airbox which also goes the entire way down into the front left bumper...fml but thx for the help again

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Bumper is easy. Take off the screws in the wheel well, one screw under each fender. Remove all the plastic clips that attach the front under lining to the bumper, and pop it off from each corner.

Edit: I forgot, there are 2 Allen screws under the plastic front cowl as well.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thx guys i got everything up and ready to go but i had to take the subframe down again because the steering wheel was not aligned but other than that just trying to catch onto the new clutch a little tricky to get the perfect shift but i love the gains....so much more pull out of 1st, 2nd, and 3rd its amazing especially with me adding the injen sp CAI the power is very easy to hear and feel....next i am going into exhaust and headers but i need something that works with a cat unfortunately so if you guys got ne ideas throw em out....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts