8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to buy a header and was wondering what some of the cons were to buying used, help me out

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I dont really want a flex pipe because they leak probably going with the ingals torque damper and power stick instead of mounts though

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
probably cheaper and better if you inject your mounts instead of buying a torque damper if you are going to get a header w/o some kind of flex.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Yeah I dont really want a flex pipe because they leak probably going with the ingals torque damper and power stick instead of mounts though
Just because a header has a flex pipe does not mean it is going to leak under all conditions. For example, if the previous owner had mounts in the car then the header will be in mint condition. However, if it was running the oem mounts and the car was driven aggressive, then it could be a possibility to be leaking in the flex pipe area. The Ingals Torque Damper and Power Stick do not eliminate all of the movement from the engine so it is still possible to create a leak in the flex pipe area. If you want to be 100% free of any leaks, i suggest either buying mounts or injecting your oem mounts with the proper material.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts