8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hey all,

looking to lower my 08 si coupe and have been doing research all day and i am a bit confused....

i am after the biggest drop possible with springs.

by the looks of it, the general preference is eibach, tein, neuspeed, scunk2... which one is the lowest?

what confuses me is that somewhere it would say skunk2 springs lower 2.25/2 and elsewhere it is 1.5/1.4...which is it actually?

thanks! :corona:

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
I would say go with coils only because you can fine tune it to pretty much your Exact tastes and what you need to pull off that set up. Your also going to need camber arms and bolts. Good luck

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
coils are an option that i am well aware of and had on previous vehicles aswell.... this time around i am looking to go for springs instead. cost/ride quality wise.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bump!

can someone please confirm which is lowest?... looking to order a set of springs ASAP :D

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
one thing bothers me is the coil over quality wise. from what i heard. spring plus strut combo is way more durable. but i do own buddy club N+ right now

·
Registered
23,477 Posts
that might be true
but spring/shock does not have adjustable dampening
What? So buy a damper that does have damping adjustment. Don't post false information.

KONI. Rebound force adjustment. Tokcio HTS. Rebound and compression adjusted simultaneously.

You can even get KONI D/A, adjust rebound and compression separately.

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
coils are an option that i am well aware of and had on previous vehicles aswell.... this time around i am looking to go for springs instead. cost/ride quality wise.
ummmmm.....u get get coils and set them to full soft and be near stock ride quality. springs will make ur ride suck way worse than coils will.

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
how low are you trying to go? are you trying to get an extreme camber and ride the car on the ground or something? I think you should take a look at cars with 1.5" springs before making a decision on how low you really want to go and still be able to drive your car before making any purchases. If you really want to drag your car on the ground, coilovers will get you to where you want, or go to an auto body shop and see if they can hook u up with airbags.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Im in for answers on this quit telling the guy to go coilovers. He obviously doenst want them or he would have jumped right on it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts