8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy Ochos:

I'm looking for a set of wheels to wrap in Azenias for autocross and possibly eventual track usage (Basically, once/twice a month usage). My criteria is light and not total garbage (I just don't want them to fall apart) and I'd like not to spend much more than $200 a wheel.

I came across these:

17" x 8" (8" is ok. I run in STX) and 17 lbs.

Any thoughts?

Also, opinion: On Galaxy Grey, what color? Bronze, Hyper Black, or play it safe and go Silver?

I really want Bronze to work, but I need to see a picture of bronze on a GGM first.

Thanks!

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Btw, I'm a retard, and could have found a few posts where people have these rims if I had spelled "Zigen" correct.

Anywho, comments on durability and bronze on GGM would be helpful.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ding, sold. The hyperblack looks great with GGM. Way better than bronze . . . I'd actually settled on silver, but the pictures changed my mind.

Thanks

I'm getting 17x8" with 225 Azenias. I'm running 225 Kumho's right now on the stock tires with the HFP suspension and there is plenty of clearance.

May go lower once Koni gets their act together, but I'm going to have a fairly aggressive alignment done once I get all the ingredients together.

Thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
I never owned the FN01R-C's, but did own some Black Racing Pro-N1 (company under the 5zigen 'umbrella') & loved them. I daily drove on them for about three months with no complaints. I hit a really bad pothole in Lakeview & was sure the rim'd be cracked, but had no issues. Brought the car in to have it realigned & check the balancing on the wheel & everything was fine.

That's about as much of a review as I have per their durability.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts