8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, just got my first car, an 08 civic coupe. Soo, I'm new to all the after market stuff, its my first car, so ive been lookin into a exhaust for one of my first buys. Ive been looking at the greddy tic. I'm doing some research and wondering if a 60-70mm will be fine. Also since this is going to be one of my first buys, do you recommend anything else that i should be along with the exhaust. I dont want to buy it and then find out I was suppose to buy something else as well. thanks.

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
Si? The k-series motor likes larger exhausts, and you don't really "need" anything else with it. You will benefit from getting the header and intake as well as getting the reflash in the long run though.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Forklift352 said:
Still an intake and header with your cat back...instaled at the same time
will give you wood.:dancing:
I don't think they technically make a header for the EX. At least not in the traditional sense. On the R18 the exhaust manifold is built into the head. They just make a cat eliminator pipe.

There are several intakes available however.

It just depends on how far you want to go and how much you want to spend. An exhaust is one of the least "invasive" mods. You don't really need anything to go with it, and it won't affect the everyday drivability of the car. It's just a matter of weather or not you want to do more.

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
yeah u can use it by itself but of course the mor mods u have the better. If u go the i/h/e/reflash the car with breathe so much better and be so much smarter although i don think they make a reflash for the ex so ignore that. and for the exhast u can get a downpipe if there are no race headers, just dont waster ur money on shorty headers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts