8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm off to Germany. And, although I tried to sell my Si with the mods, I am going to put it back to stock (how I bought it from the dealership) and sell it. Most likely to Carmax or some other variant.

Question is. Should I take off the full hfp lip kit and fogs and sell those separate. For some reason, I have a feeling that having the lip kit and fogs on when it's getting appraised at a car buying place, it wont raise the offer...

Opinions? Personal Experience? Would love to hear it.

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
Also, dealerships/carmax/etc. will only give you very minimum for the navigation system in there. I would try to sell your navi locally and swap with someone's regular deck if you want to make a little more extra cash there.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
daniel, i would personally sell the lip kit locally also.. if not, i'm pretty sure someone would buy it for 700 or so shipped.
I was thinking 700 also. You want them? ;) lol

Also, dealerships/carmax/etc. will only give you very minimum for the navigation system in there. I would try to sell your navi locally and swap with someone's regular deck if you want to make a little more extra cash there.
Thats a great idea, but time is short, and I dont feel like ripping apart my dash to take out the navi :) lol

Does the lip kit leave any residue, marks or holes from being installed? I've seen vids.. the sides have a metal brace attached to the car. How hard is it to uninstall it?

·
Registered
2,642 Posts

I was thinking 700 also. You want them? ;) lol

Thats a great idea, but time is short, and I dont feel like ripping apart my dash to take out the navi :) lol

Does the lip kit leave any residue, marks or holes from being installed? I've seen vids.. the sides have a metal brace attached to the car. How hard is it to uninstall it?
hahah, i have a TW '09 so that won't work. I already have the lip kit installed on it anyways. ;P.

-the dash is VERY simple to remove.. you can find DIY, it's all held in by 2 screws, the rest is just clips that snap in which you can remove. i'd highly suggest you take it out and sell it to someone if you can find a buyer. takes all but 5 minutes.

i've seen people resell their lip kits before... maybe if you go to college hills honda you can view the install instructions and see if there is any visible drilling involved. i know the metal brackets on the side skirts are held on by double sided tape so that's sure to leave some residue but it's nothing "goo-gone" (product you can buy at autozone) + a little heat from the sun or a blow drier + wipe off won't remove. ;)

also, check your email for me bud. =]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.