8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm new at this and dont know which exhaust sounds better or gain more hp if any.. my price range can be between 400-700 i want the best exhaust for the amount of money its worth. pls help

·
Premium Member
9,414 Posts
best advice would be to search.. there is a sticky filled with exhaust sound clips and probably 100's of threads about exhausts..
good luck!

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
tanabe medallion

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
anything in resemblence to power but not so loud?
anything 70mm that is a quality product like skunk2 or greddy -when they supposbly come out with that ti c 70mm..they should both have somewhat good results. and the skunk2 has already been proven..
drawback is, the larger piping is loud but has produced the best gains..so i guess look at it this way ~
if u want a exhaust to turn heads and make the best amnt of power for the money get something like the skunk2 70mm, if your not exactly a loud exhaust kinda person but want similar but not as high power output get something like the vibrant..or lsd..2.5inch exhausts..
not that exhausts produce much but if u do want every bit that u can get out of an exhaust it looks as if skunk2 is the way to go if u dont mind drone and attention..

but i do own a skunk2 70mm, and i love it..yes its loud, to some its excessive..its an amazing tone though..it does drone, but its all a matter of who u are and what u like accomplishing with an exhaust..my g.f doesnt like it so much...loves the car...not the exhaust..lol
not trying to sway anyone either way..because ive heard good things about lsd, vibrant, comptech, greddy ect..all are good products so said..
****BUT****skunk2 sponsor on this site did say they have a quieter exhaust in the works..no info on piping size or design yet though..

just throwin that out there for everyone..hope some of it helps your decisions..

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i would to get the more quiter one just dont know which would do its job

i was thinking of either greddy evo2 or comptech

·
Registered
26,621 Posts
i would to get the more quiter one just dont know which would do its job

i was thinking of either greddy evo2 or comptech
I would go with the evo2 then great looks,is quiet until VTEC hits,great quality and is proven :eek:hsnap:

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
yea evo2 or vibrant..lsd..out of those three those are your best bet..anything with skunk2's name or apexi's name on it means loud as of right now..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts