8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My clutch started slipping on my 06 si 40200miles
U went to honda they said i need a new clutch 1900.(a lot of cash).
What after market brand should I get? That best fits the si.
What stage ? I don't plan on putting in a turbo or. super charger. But maybe. Header.
I have sri AEM and a greddy evo 2 twm short shifter. I've read some threads about after market clutches doesn't work good with the si and to get a stock clutch again. Need help

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Comptech stage 2
Comptech Lightweight flywheel

thats what i have,

good luck on your chose

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
are u doing the work yourself or having honda put the clutch in?? if your doing the work yourself just buy an oem clutch from an online honda parts store ... u can get them cheaper then from the stealership ... if your not going to be going the f/i route then you'll be fine with an oem clutch but this is your choice ... plus if you buy an aftermarket clutch and have honda put it in its prob going to be a little bit more expensive, since an aftermarket clutch will run you more then a oem one

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm getting a shop to put it in a performance auto shop called sage auto sports
Honda said they wouldn't install after market and stock oem cost me 1900$

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
I'm getting a shop to put it in a performance auto shop called sage auto sports
Honda said they wouldn't install after market and stock oem cost me 1900$
thats because they are rape'n ya for the time it takes them to do the work ... he's a link of and online honda parts store where you can get and oem clutch for like ~$400

South Bay Honda - Honda Automotive Parts Store

but like i said this is your choice and do what ever makes you comfortable ... just giving ya some options ... search for some threads on here regarding aftermarket clutches

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thats why i was kinda sketchy on after market clutches after reading some threads some people was having alot of problems..???? ugh

1 - 7 of 7 Posts