8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know if the skunk2 60mm and 70mm wil pass state inspection if i put it on my 07 si coupe. im thinking of getting it but not sure if it will pass inspection. any replies would be much helpful.

·
Registered
9,758 Posts
i used to live there. exhausts should not have a problem.

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
If the examiners place an exhaust sniffer in your tailpipe, it shouldn't make any difference at all whether you have stock or aftermarket. The key is having the cat in place as this will determine the emissions of the vehicle, not a pipe and muffler. You should be just fine. Go for it.

·
Registered
133 Posts
The way they check emissions in NC is through the computer, theres no sniffer. If you do end up removing the cat then just put the defouler in, as long as theres no CEL then you really don't have anything to worry about.

I'm about to remove my cat and put in my BCRH and I'll put in the defouler and I'll be good to go.

But chea, catback exhausts are legal.

·
Registered
133 Posts
slostjoe said:
If you have a race header or no cat you will not pass inspection
If you get caught. But they only check for the CEL for inspection. Plus I know a guy who knows a guy. :dancing:

·
Purpul Plane 4ever!
40,686 Posts
Does anyone know a guy that knows a guy in the Charlotte area? lol Im about to register the car in NC soon and have to inspect the car with in 10 days of register.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hmm, well I bet you could ask around. Theres a shop near Charlotte that does the Hondata reflash, I bet they'd hook you up.

Speed Innovations
Concord, NC
(704) 262-7948

1 - 10 of 10 Posts