8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1481 - 1492 of 1492 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
I wouldn't unless you desperately needed something like I did. I know that having them tune it is definitely a no-no.
Yeah, its weird. I first saw wonderful reviews for them. But then I kept digging and saw a lot of bad stuff where I don't trust them at all

·
Registered
84 Posts
another option is "custom kings performance" in charlotte. I'm not sure if he's the owner or just a worker but seem to do decent work. "zackattack" from youtube is the one i'm referring to. we will see.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Doesn't seem to be an active thread but giving this a shot -

I'm an unemployed veteran in the Raleigh Durham area - My AC coil and clutch need replacing - Dealer wants to replace everything and recharge.

Looking for someone to do the necessary work - I'd provide the parts obvious and some cash for doing the work.

Thanks for reading -
Chris

·
Registered
7 Posts
Chris, have you had your AC repaired yet? If so, how much did you end up spending and what all did you replace (compressor, clutch, and coil OEM are almost $500)?

I just bought my 07 SI and (knew when I bought it) the AC cuts out after blowing cold for a few minutes. I am probably going to end up farming this repair out also, but would still like comparable figures. Most likely I will fix mine next spring.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Anyone around Raleigh have a cheap transmission? 3rd gear is starting to take a dump on me. I thought about getting a 9th gen si transmission because they can be had for 650 form salvage yards but I don't know who can make an adapter to make it work for my 8th gen si.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Chris, have you had your AC repaired yet? If so, how much did you end up spending and what all did you replace (compressor, clutch, and coil OEM are almost $500)?

I just bought my 07 SI and (knew when I bought it) the AC cuts out after blowing cold for a few minutes. I am probably going to end up farming this repair out also, but would still like comparable figures. Most likely I will fix mine next spring.
I had the same problem. Clutch on ac wouldn't always engage. I got a new aftermarket ac unit off of amazon for less than $200.. Labor was high but I saved a lot going aftermarket

·
Registered
3 Posts
8th gen #4

What up my NC civic friends? Was a desert dweller in AZ until the move to the mountains of Western North Carolina. Hendersonville area. Purchased my 4th 8th gen Si 19 days ago. Glad to be back in the driver's seat. 2009 FA5 with 47,000 miles. Paid a premium, but it was well worth it. Knew it had the K&N SRI v2 from the pics before I drove 5 hours to purchase it. But after owning 2 FG2's and a FA5 in the past and never saving the money for FlashPro by Hondata, it was awesome to find that in the K&N box along with a brand spanking new mugen shift knob! I have put 2,200 miles on in 19 days and don't see the mileage clock slowing any time soon. Just too many amazing roads to test the limits of the BFG's. :wheee:

·
CHOO-CHOO!!!!!!
14,929 Posts
What up my NC civic friends? Was a desert dweller in AZ until the move to the mountains of Western North Carolina. Hendersonville area. Purchased my 4th 8th gen Si 19 days ago. Glad to be back in the driver's seat. 2009 FA5 with 47,000 miles. Paid a premium, but it was well worth it. Knew it had the K&N SRI v2 from the pics before I drove 5 hours to purchase it. But after owning 2 FG2's and a FA5 in the past and never saving the money for FlashPro by Hondata, it was awesome to find that in the K&N box along with a brand spanking new mugen shift knob! I have put 2,200 miles on in 19 days and don't see the mileage clock slowing any time soon. Just too many amazing roads to test the limits of the BFG's. :wheee:
Hahahahaha! Sweet score on the Mugen shift knob. I've always said that "free's the key". I"m an old school 8ther, but haven't actually logged in in years (long story). I don't know the entire backstory on why you're on your 4th 8th gen, but I appreciate your commitment to the platform. Personally, I'm on my second (first was a FG2, the second a FA5). Just in the group of people I keep up with that I originally met through this forum, there are only a few of us left that are actually driving 8th's.

·
CHOO-CHOO!!!!!!
14,929 Posts
Bump thread! I keep seeing a few modded Si's around the Salisbury/ China Grove / Kannapolis / Concord areas. I live here. Someone come out and play!
Bump you Lizzy-Poo Sexbot after 1000 years away from the Ocho. :bleh:

1481 - 1492 of 1492 Posts