8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning my battery died because i left my lights on. When i gave it a jump i noticed my navigation screen required me to enter a pin number. After about 30 mins of searching for this pin number i could not find it. But even if i had found it
i wouldnt of been able to enter it in.When i turn on my car the honda logo loads up and then the screen to enter my pin comes up for about .5 seconds literaly. After that it is all black, i cant even hear adio.
Any suggestions as in what i should do besides taking it into the dealership?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Well for your pin, it should be on a card that came with your car... Try looking around for the card with the pin # on the back... I dont know about the black screen... I dont have navigation in my car, but i do rememeber a card with a code on the back for the cd player... Just trying to help;)....

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What happened was that i entered the wrong pin in 3 times so an antitheft mode come into effect. So i tried it in the morning and the pin number screen popped up... it turns out that the pin number is on a sticker in your glove. So after about 10 mins of playing with it i figured it out. Also quick question: Any rims that fit on the 05 rsx fit on the 06 civic?

·
Registered
143 Posts
If you have the service book with the predelivery checklist and all in it, I think it's written in there also. I know the radio ID for the XM is anyways, and I'm pretty sure the unit's pin was also there.

·
Premium Member
6,929 Posts
About calling Honda, I believe that they charge you for this number. I lost the security code for my stock head unit, and after getting into an accident, I needed to input the code. I went to my local Honda dealer and they said it would be a $25 charge to find the proper code.

Long story short, I bought a new head unit and ended up putting a grand worth of useless speaker crap into my car. What really sucks is that the tag I have to put on my read view mirror for college makes a really annoying rattling sound, and if you ever forget to put it up, they charge you 30 bucks for not having a parking pass. :p Sorry if I went a little off topic there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts