8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i wanted to know if the navigation is available in canada. i know its not on their site but i read somewhere that it was available if you ask the dealer. just wanted a confirmation on this. thx

·
Registered
34 Posts
I would be a happy Dude if my new SI could have the Navi Option too, but if not I will look intothe cost for a navi dash console sent to me from the states, yeah!

·
Banned
7,824 Posts
Canadian2k1si said:
I would be a happy Dude if my new SI could have the Navi Option too, but if not I will look intothe cost for a navi dash console sent to me from the states, yeah!
It's not going to work. The Nav system for US only comes with a US map. But I guess if you got the LX dash you could add a nav/dvd player from like Alpine or if you got the dash with the space for the Navi, you could get an Eclipse Nav unit, or Alpine. Just don't go with the Pioneer D1. I had problems with that in Canada when my XM radio was active.

·
Crazy Yellow Puppet
26,930 Posts
skittleslegend said:
It's not going to work. The Nav system for US only comes with a US map. But I guess if you got the LX dash you could add a nav/dvd player from like Alpine or if you got the dash with the space for the Navi, you could get an Eclipse Nav unit, or Alpine. Just don't go with the Pioneer D1. I had problems with that in Canada when my XM radio was active.
Well...it only comes with with a US map and SOME of Canada. I checked the owner's manual and there are several Canadian cities listed, but they aren't in as much detail as all the US cities...and it only goes so far north before the map is just blank.

·
Banned
7,824 Posts
CameronJr9 said:
Well...it only comes with with a US map and SOME of Canada. I checked the owner's manual and there are several Canadian cities listed, but they aren't in as much detail as all the US cities...and it only goes so far north before the map is just blank.

That's wack as crap man....:mad: Honda shoulda given you guys a Navi

·
Registered
41 Posts
No you can get Navi!

Just speak to your GSM at your local delaership and say you want the us model as opposed to the canadian and you have the option of buying more disks for increased data and range. All you have to do is switch the digital readout on the dash to km/hr and there yo go. So to all those who think its not available it is. Just ask and im sure they will accomodate your request just remember such a special request will warrant a special price. Be it in your favour or not.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts