8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The navi system on my Mazda RX-8 had an "administrative mode" that could be accessed by a hotkey combination of the cursor on a specific screen. Is there a similar option on the Honda Navi used by the techs for maintenance/upgrades, etc?

-B

· Registered
297 Posts
I just tried it and now it works...(?) though there is not much in there that's interesting enough...maybe the satellites but that's all. Nice find. I function I find useful is the tire calibration when you put new wheels on

· Crazy Yellow Puppet
26,933 Posts
Tate said:
I just tried it and now it works...(?) though there is not much in there that's interesting enough...maybe the satellites but that's all. Nice find. I function I find useful is the tire calibration when you put new wheels on
I saw the calibration feature too. Any idea how that works? I'm about to get some Si wheels, and it would be nice to use that feature.

· Registered
313 Posts
CameronJr9 said:
I saw the calibration feature too. Any idea how that works? I'm about to get some Si wheels, and it would be nice to use that feature.
AFAIK the tire calibrate menu only changes the speed at which the navi scrolls while you are driving. I don't think it will correct the speedo. Anyway, aren't Si wheels (assuming you stick with 215/45s) be really close to the same overall diameter of the EX stockers?

· Crazy Yellow Puppet
26,933 Posts
jbbrann said:
AFAIK the tire calibrate menu only changes the speed at which the navi scrolls while you are driving. I don't think it will correct the speedo. Anyway, aren't Si wheels (assuming you stick with 215/45s) be really close to the same overall diameter of the EX stockers?
Yeah. I'm not too worried about it. I'm not freaking out about a .03 mph change at 65. Just curious. :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.