8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Yes, MANY MANY MANY..
What are you looking for? Price? Quality?

My vote goes to: Pioneer AVIC-D3 ($999 MSRP), can be found for $600 shipped.

Pros:
Price
Brand
DVD+NAV + DIVX

Cons:
1 Disc Slot (NAV+DVD = Only if you change the NAV Disc)
Little Small (6" ? Something like that...)

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Yes, it does play MP3..
However, this is how it works:

1- Set Navigation Destination
2- Remove NAV CD
3- Insert MP3 CD
:)

If you change the NAV DEST. you have to re-insert the NAV DISC.. or just plug an ipod/zune :)
Then you won't have to change the cd.
It's the cheapest out there..
AVIC-D3 or AVN-5500 (Eclipse - Doesn't support DIVX.)

·
Registered
42 Posts
I just did an install in my 07 si with the Panasonic Strada CN-NVD905U. You can find it deeply discounted from $1800 -> $700.

Note that this is hard drive based so it's faster than DVD and there's no need to swap navi dvd if you want to play mp3 cd. The only downside I notice is the map resolution is not as sharp as the Pioneer unit (I have a AVIC-N1 as well). But on the upside, I find entering address is quicker than Pioneer.

A lot of these units only allow you to play MP3 burned onto a CD only! But most of the install that I've seen have the unit hooked up to the iPod. Panasonic has a cable that will hook up to the video iPod but you need to call tech support to get the firmware update which is available now.

http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-CN-NVD905U-Navigation-Widescreen-Receiver/dp/B000Q7WTQ0

·
Registered
42 Posts
Seemund, I don't think DivX is supported. But strangely enough, it plays DVD-Audio disc (not SACD though). For those of you that don't know, DVD-Audio is a high resolution audio cd format.

Here is the link for the firmware update for the Panasonic unit so it'll work with iPod-Video:
http://www2.panasonic.com/consumer-...rs-Players/Mobile-Navigation/model.CN-NVD905U

To update you need to copy the .bin file to a SD card and then insert into the SD slot in the unit. Note the SD slot is NOT meant for playing MP3/video,etc - just for map update info and firmware update, etc.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.