8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm looking for a Double Din Nav+DVD for my Si, and I was wondering what would be the best time to buy it.. Like Christmas?? Black Friday? Do you guys know any electronic store / online etc.. which gives huge discounts ? I really want to buy it, but can't spend a LOT of money now :)
I want to keep it UNDER $900-1000

·
Registered
434 Posts
For that price u dont have many options. I thinkt that by now you should just think about the Avic-D3. You can get it for around 800-900. I guess you might bet it cheaper on Black Friday, otherwise check here in the sale threads or ebay.

GL bro!

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
Good car stereo equipment rarely goes cheap(er) than when it's being replaced by a new model. This usually takes place in the Spring, but since some companies are slower to get product out than others, it varies b/t companies.

But, as a rule of thumb, don't expect anything great on black friday. For the most part, the only items that are being substantially slashed are poor ones anyway. At least for car audio world.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, I saw the AVIC-D3 for under $700 Brand New.. Is it good? I'm reading some reviews, and looks like it only got 6.0/10.0 which isn't too good! Please help me finding a good one :)
I'm also concerned with the ONE-DISK SLOT.. So That means I won't be able to play music while nav?

·
Registered
434 Posts
It's obviously better (price!!) but again you put the customer personal taste in the middle. What yuo want it is not the same that whoever in the forum can suggest you. It depends a lot in your personal goals in car audio (SQ = thousands different set-up's)
Be more specific and the answer will be more accurate. I would suggest you to search a little first in the forum. A lot of us have asked the same in the past.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, I'm not INTO sound a lot.. The only thing I want to be able to is:
1- HAVE A GPS - GUIDE ME AROUND THE USA.
2- Play Music / DVD's / DivX and stuff
3- Price wise :)

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Please don't buy retail! You waste a BUNCH of money buying retail. Go to the stores to look around and see what you like, then go home and get on the internet to buy it. Just make sure you have a good return policy, etc..

·
Registered
434 Posts
Seemund said:
Well, I'm not INTO sound a lot.. The only thing I want to be able to is:
1- HAVE A GPS - GUIDE ME AROUND THE USA.
2- Play Music / DVD's / DivX and stuff
3- Price wise :)
In that case, go to Ebay and shop for the AVIC-Z2. It's a very nice unit, super NICE for travelling (GPS) with the normal audio capabilities. Of course you can find cheaper than this, but just take a look at the unit at the retail stores and you will see how nice it is.
GL again bro!! Post pics or let us know what you decide!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Best Buy sells last year's Alpine 2-DIN navigational unit for under $800.00. This unit features "Pulse Touch", the ability to upgrade to Bluetooth, XM or Sirrus or HD Radio, Native DVD Playback, iPod connectivity, etc.

Please note, all options except for DVD playback are optional installed modules.

I believe this one is also DVD Navigational based as opposed to the new model which uses their Blackbird Navigational Unit.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
People.. I really NEED HELP..
Just found an USED AVIC-D3.. for $470 SHIPPED..
Seller says its 100% good, cosmetic/mechanical.

He has a 97% positive feedback.. I'm really thinking about it.. Do you guys think it will go lower than this @ Christmas ?? :p Please help me!

PS: Doesn't include DISC/ANTENNA.

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
97%...but how many transactions?

If it's 10, then that may be fine. If it's 1000, then ...well, you get the idea.

I dunno...I'd look into how much it would cost to get the missing disc/antenna. Might find out that it costs more than you're willing to pay.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah.. thanks.. the guy cancelled the offer.. the prices are going down.. I can find it for $600 shipped BRAND NEW.. AVIC-D3.. I hope it gets down to $500 @ EOY.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts