8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm from Northern Cali in the 925 area andb thats were I got my Si. When i was finishing up the paper work for the car the guy showed me this poster of an alarm which was " National Security 3000" on the poster it made the alarm seem so great and what not. It said it had motion sensors all around the car to make the alarm beep if someone tries to steal a rim or open your trunk. The guy also told me Hondas were the most stolen car in America so he told me this alarm would be good because they would give you 500 dollars back if something was taken from your car. So I ended up paying 1,250 for this alarm which was suppossed to beep by anything touching it like it getting hit by soccer balls, or people leaning on it and when i went to get it installed they only took like 30 min I thought it would take way longer. Also the alarm doesnt work for **** like i would turn the alarm on and try moving the rims, opening the door and just trying to make the alarm go off and it does not. So I'm starting to think that Honda screwed me on this because I'm searched for alarms of national security 3000 everywhere and cant find any.

So I wanted to know if you guys have heard of that alarm??

Also has anybody else been offered this alarm?

·
Registered
26 Posts
dude it means you got scewed by that guy at the dealership. No alarm should cost that much. Or if it does it better be K.I.T.T. or something. I'd report that salesman to management for being an ****.

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
usually EVERYTHING the dealer offers is bullshit and overpriced 10x.

They probrably installed an alarm on your car that will go off only if a door is opened, the SAME as the factory alarm.

Just like that Simoniz sh*t... They sell it to you for $500 - $1,000 and it does nothing. Just another cheap ass wax that washes off next time it rains.

Sorry dude, but you got porked. Take it back and *****, the only ground you have to stand on is that the sales guy said it would go off if the car is moved, prove that it dosen't and there you go, he lied and sold you a product that did not work as advertised. Tell them they better make it go off when the car is touched or you want your money back.

Now if he didn't say any of that then your f*cked.

In the future never buy any of that sh*t dealers try to sell. They make INSANE profits off of it. That alarm they put on your car was probrably $50.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
usually EVERYTHING the dealer offers is bullshit and overpriced 10x.

They probrably installed an alarm on your car that will go off only if a door is opened, the SAME as the factory alarm.

Just like that Simoniz sh*t... They sell it to you for $500 - $1,000 and it does nothing. Just another cheap ass wax that washes off next time it rains.

Sorry dude, but you got porked. Take it back and *****, the only ground you have to stand on is that the sales guy said it would go off if the car is moved, prove that it dosen't and there you go, he lied and sold you a product that did not work as advertised. Tell them they better make it go off when the car is touched or you want your money back.

Now if he didn't say any of that then your f*cked.

In the future never buy any of that sh*t dealers try to sell. They make INSANE profits off of it. That alarm they put on your car was probrably $50.
I got hella screwed over for reals badly. On the poster they had it showed you where all the motion sensors went on so i thought it would be like they type my boy has on his car. He has a hella sensitive alarm that starts beeping when cars pass by with their systems on. But mine was ****. Well thanks for the advice im going to try and see whats up with it but even if i go complain do you think i will get some money back?

also i heard that you can change how sensitive the alarm is. Do any of you know how?

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
^chances are you cannot change how sensative your alarm in. you probably got the cheapest alarm that the dealer had and marked up the most.

and when you go back, there is a good chance the salesman that sold the alarm will not "remember" saying any of that.

most aftermarket alarms have an optional proximity sensor/tilt sensor/ glass break sensor and ar fully adjustable to sensativiy.

to confirm that they even installed an alarm in your car...can you please take a pic of the remote? for all you know, they didnt install anything and all you have is the factory installed alarm/immobilizer.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
^chances are you cannot change how sensative your alarm in. you probably got the cheapest alarm that the dealer had and marked up the most.

and when you go back, there is a good chance the salesman that sold the alarm will not "remember" saying any of that.

most aftermarket alarms have an optional proximity sensor/tilt sensor/ glass break sensor and ar fully adjustable to sensativiy.

to confirm that they even installed an alarm in your car...can you please take a pic of the remote? for all you know, they didnt install anything and all you have is the factory installed alarm/immobilizer.
Its the same remote they said that the alarm can be activated by the same remote. The only things I've seen diffrent from the 1st one is that they added a lil green light by the steering wheel that has a switch under it. The way it came the green light is always on but if you move the switch it starts blinking. Do you know the diffrence?

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
nope, dont know the difference.
but either way, for that much money, you could have installed a COMPLETE alarm with all teh accessories and had a paid year of lojack....
go back to the dealer and complain, it cant hurt.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts