8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So me and my girlfriend are considering moving to Florida (from CT) as soon as she finishes school, more specifically the naples area, and i was just wondering what people from the area think of that area? Hows the car scene there? all old people living there? I Havnt looked into it too much but its something we've been talking about doing for a couple years (both hate winter). It seems like a nice area- decently priced. All opinions welcome, and also from people who have moved south from north and whether or not you regret it

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
So me and my girlfriend are considering moving to Florida (from CT) as soon as she finishes school, more specifically the naples area, and i was just wondering what people from the area think of that area? Hows the car scene there? all old people living there? I Havnt looked into it too much but its something we've been talking about doing for a couple years (both hate winter). It seems like a nice area- decently priced. All opinions welcome, and also from people who have moved south from north and whether or not you regret it
dont do it...car scene sucks...yes there is a lot of old people...everything is under construction..people cant drive...tons of cops...its exspensive as hell...not sure when she graduates but give it a few years..a college "ave maria" is in the process of building..its a branch off of notre dame..this should young the town up a bit...

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dont do it...car scene sucks...yes there is a lot of old people...everything is under construction..people cant drive...tons of cops...its exspensive as hell...not sure when she graduates but give it a few years..a college "ave maria" is in the process of building..its a branch off of notre dame..this should young the town up a bit...
thanks for that then. maybe ill look more inland, orlando area? Ill probably try to get a job at a lexus dealership down there i know J&M lexus is supposed to be really nice, not sure where that is

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
thanks for that then. maybe ill look more inland, orlando area? Ill probably try to get a job at a lexus dealership down there i know J&M lexus is supposed to be really nice, not sure where that is
no prob..sw florida's economy is down so it looks cheap as of now..make sure you keep track of when its up or down..:thumb:good luck..if you have any questions dont hesitate to pm me..

·
Registered
7,182 Posts
This whole area is not a great place to live (SouthWest Florida). There are tons of old people and that amount nearly triples when it comes to winter time (we call them snowbirds). There is a very small car scene, and its located more towards North Fort Myers (about 30 to 40 minutes away from Naples). A lot of cops and to much construction like the Fonz was saying. Places I suggest in Florida would be Tampa, Miami, and Orlando areas. Stick to cities because more of a car scene and night life plus less older folks.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I do not disagree with the above posters. However, I feel the area is in a stage of rapid change/development and will have a lot to offer within a few years. If this is a long term move that you two are planning, then go for it! There are plenty of activities to do in the area that people simply overlook.

Granted, the car scene could be a little better...

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I do not disagree with the above posters. However, I feel the area is in a stage of rapid change/development and will have a lot to offer within a few years. If this is a long term move that you two are planning, then go for it! There are plenty of activities to do in the area that people simply overlook.

Granted, the car scene could be a little better...
well, were not looking to live in a big city by any means, something with good shopping areas for her. I was looking and found some nice places in miami area

·
Registered
4,298 Posts
I went to Fort Myers last weekend... WOW they are biulding ALOT of new stuff. Its getting nicer out there, its only a matter of time till its up and running like its supposed to.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.