8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
968 Posts
i rather not have it because what if i want to change my wheels around to aftermarket and if i do there will be a light on the dash board indicating low tire pressure.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
iknowmysh1t said:
i rather not have it because what if i want to change my wheels around to aftermarket and if i do there will be a light on the dash board indicating low tire pressure.
I'm not sure if they all work this way, but some just have a wireless sensor which can be moved to other wheels. I've never dealt with them firsthand, but this is what I was told.

·
Registered
22 Posts
i also assumed (silly me) that the 07 had the TPMS. Got a screw in the tire last week, had to get it replaced. Booooo

·
Registered
968 Posts
wouldnt you need to install the new sensors in the aftermarket wheels? meaning buying new sensors for every set of wheels you have? they are kinda expensive too if i remember correctly.

·
Registered
484 Posts
they are more of a hassle then they are worth and like other's have said all 2008 and newer have to have some sort of system to monitor pressure it can be a direct( actual sensor in wheel (either valve stem or banded sensor)) or indirect(uses vehicle's abs system to sense wheel speeds) both systems have there pro's and con's

but im glad that we dont have them that is the main reason i wanted an 06 cause i knew for a fact that they did not have either system

if people wouldn't be so lazy and just check your air pressure they wouldn't have ever made the pressure monitoring systems standard on new cars

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
iknowmysh1t said:
:yeahthat: Im glad I got an 07

·
Purpul Plane 4ever!
40,686 Posts
Just another thing to break and pay buttloads to the dealer so they can scam some money out of you. 99 cent guage works just fine with me.

·
Registered
87 Posts
i work for a jaguar/landrover parts dept in the chicago area, i can tell you for a fact that there are always issues we these tire pressure monitoring sensors, i know its not a honda, but i worked for acura for 3 years and same issues arised, first off everytime u do a tire change techs can easily break the sensors, which means ur car may stuck overnight at the dealer until the part comes in, also they malfunction quite frequently, and with some cars the light wont shut off unless u bring it to a dealer and have linked up to a manufacture program. So all in all i would say ur better off take the five minutes to check ur tire pressure frequently. IMO its better than the hassle of the sensor equipment.

·
Registered
142 Posts
DanH_PsyD said:
Tire was down to 18 psi- looked perfectly normal- before I found the nail!
haha better than me, on the way home from the dealership with my brand new si in like january.. 1 block from my house a thin metal hose/tube went into tire and made big dent in wheel. gave me reason for new rims though :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts