8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Bolt Ons, Reflash, Nitrous, Exedy Stage 1 Clutch ACT streetlite flywheel, Torque Dampener, um power stick, short shifter, cable and base bushings

All that should keep you busy and happy for a while :dance::vtec:

·
CHOO-CHOO!!!!!!
14,929 Posts
If you have a baller budget, the only real option is the Hytech NA package. Mucho dinero.

·
Registered
525 Posts
wow. talk about an open ended question. i'd like the OP to clarify it.

1) what do you mean by "best"? Best power output, daily driveability, response... ect?
2) bang for buck, or unlimited cash?

I'll assume the question is: If I had an unlimited amount of money, what would be the ideal set up to obtain as much power as possible from the N/A K20z3?

Cause a frankenstein swap with a proper tune is a better bang for the buck.

Anyways, for the airflow upgrade, I'd probably go with a SRI for throttle response, Hytech header (or any 4-1 header), port and polish, mill the TB, skunk2 70mm exhaust.
(of course, assuming the porting and the rest fit together and don't screw up the mechanical scavenging...)
Then you'd probably want to upgrade the cams and definitely upgrade the pistons for higher compression. All in all, no one's ever going to go all out with this... Too much money, and there are other, better options out there.

·
Premium Member
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
LOL it was intended as an open question so I could see everyones different answer. I have Top fuel Intake, BC header, and Ti-C exhaust. but I want more power with NA still. I am Really thinking of Hytech

·
Registered
525 Posts
LOL it was intended as an open question so I could see everyones different answer. I have Top fuel Intake, BC header, and Ti-C exhaust. but I want more power with NA still. I am Really thinking of Hytech
What Hytech? The N/A setup? Cause you already have a header, and marginally, the Hytech won't be a good buy. By this I mean you might gain 5-6 HP but you'll pay up the wazoo. I'd go for nitrous, really.

·
Registered
11,043 Posts
The hytech is definitely the best header. Hand crafted runners designed for optimum power for your setup. I bet he'd see 5-6 more horsepower... everywhere in his powerband with that header.

but anyways, hytech's n/a setup is cams, springs, valves, retainers, bolt-ons and a hondata reflash designed for it. should put down 230+ whp.

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
wow. talk about an open ended question. i'd like the OP to clarify it.
1) what do you mean by "best"? Best power output, daily driveability, response... ect?
2) bang for buck, or unlimited cash?

I'll assume the question is: If I had an unlimited amount of money, what would be the ideal set up to obtain as much power as possible from the N/A K20z3?

Cause a frankenstein swap with a proper tune is a better bang for the buck.

Anyways, for the airflow upgrade, I'd probably go with a SRI for throttle response, Hytech header (or any 4-1 header), port and polish, mill the TB, skunk2 70mm exhaust.
(of course, assuming the porting and the rest fit together and don't screw up the mechanical scavenging...)
Then you'd probably want to upgrade the cams and definitely upgrade the pistons for higher compression. All in all, no one's ever going to go all out with this... Too much money, and there are other, better options out there.

This is a great post. Unfortunately, we get threads like this all the time. It is "what is the best header", or "what is the best cat-back" etc. The question is too open ended as you so well said.

The OP needs to sit down and make out a plan for his car.

First to be considered is the budget. How much does he want to spend to achieve his goals?

Second, he should think about how the car is to be used the majority of the time. Is he looking for a great dd? Is he looking for a car that is good at the drag strip? Is he looking to autocross?

Third, he should make sure that the parts he is using will work well together. Mismatched parts can make a car slower than stock, so he must research which parts will work the best together.

For me, I would:
1. Get a good intake, one that has a MAF housing with vanes to control A/F ratio and to give good throttle response.

2. Get a good, high flow cat-back, something like a Vibrant, LSD, Skunk2 etc.

3. Get a race header. On the street, I would go 4-2-1. If I were looking for the ultimate in power, then I would get a 4-1, especially if I were to track the car a lot.

4. Get a Hondata reflash. This will fatten up the mid-range hp and torque, where the motor really falls flat on its face.

5. I would then look at incremental items like a IMG, TB spacer and a torque dampener or stiffer motor mount.

6. Finally, and without hesitation, I would recommend a good wet system nitrous kit. Nothing extreme. If we look at the times Matauz was laying down with his Si, then we need to look no further to find the best bang for the buck.

7. Cams are a touchy subject as we all know the tuning is the big problem. A few guys have run Skunk2 Stage 1 and have gotten 217 hp like Hawjdude. For the time being, this would be the last thing I would consider.

8. After all of the above mentioned things, the OP could then go into the motor and do a major rebuild with Hytech parts or the like. This is what Silverspoon did and he has a pretty fast car. Just bring lots of cash.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.