8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

61 - 74 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Just a little thing for all you guys who didn't know cause I didn't

A few years ago I bought a Brand New IS350 From Longo Lexus

Little did I know, They had that IS tere for 5 Months,
It was brand new and needed damn Clay Job!

I didn't know so when I got home as I bough it at abou 10 PM at night,
the next day I noticed and was super pissed I had to clay my brand new car! WHat int he hell!!!

So I found out later went I went back to the 1k Mile free check up
That lexus would have fully detailed it for free like a professional clay job and everything if I would have just asked or I could have requested a new car or a different new car I mean.

too late for that but for all of you going to buy a new car ever again! Make sure you demand for them to have it fulllly detailed up or you wont buy it! I mean after all that makes the most sense as you are the buyer and you are the one with the money they want!

Your the boss!!! No the dealership! I got punked by the dealer=(

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Waxing your car every week doesen't hurt.
you can wax your car every day if you wanted by hand and almost anything you do with hand is okay=) your human hand can't do it as fast enough of a speed to damage pant or clear coat etc.

However you are supposed to polish your car only about 1 or twice a year, If you polished it every week lol your paint or your clear would be gone!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Looking back at the curing process, both the 1K and 2K systems are 90-95% cured upon cool down, after the bake process, in the factory spray booth. The additional 5-10% will cure within 3-7 days. [/B]

I taped my headlight with light adhesive painters tape 2 days after the car got home from having a paint job on the fender covered under warranty. I was careful to remove the tape and I still peeled the paint. WTF?
View attachment 57803

View attachment 57804

·
Registered
38 Posts
Got my car repainted after some hail damage about 25 days ago they told me not to wax it. Shouldnt be an issue to wax it by now?

61 - 74 of 74 Posts