8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had an intermittent problem with my passenger side window since my 2007 Si was new (Dec 06).

It doesn't matter if I use my drivers side button or passenger side button, it just doesn't always work. I'm not explaining it very well I know but lets say when I close or open the window I have a 10% chance of it not responding.

Sometimes pressing the button in the other direction will rectify it sometimes it won't and I'll be fiddling with the button like a madman. This problem affects both switches on either side of the car.

I've taken it in to the dealership and successfully demonstrated it to the service guy but when the mechanic came to check it out it worked fine. I let them have it for two days and it still never happened again to them. Anyways they replaced the motor and relay but still the problem persists.

Has anyone experienced this problem before? Or any suggestions? I'd like to have some fellow 8th gen feedback before I take it back in.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Well if it wasn't the motor or relay then it must be a connection somewhere. If it does it on the passenger side door itself then it must be in the door. I'd just take it back in and ask them to look over the wiring again and possibly replace any suspect connections.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
I've had an intermittent problem with my passenger side window since my 2007 Si was new (Dec 06).

It doesn't matter if I use my drivers side button or passenger side button, it just doesn't always work. I'm not explaining it very well I know but lets say when I close or open the window I have a 10% chance of it not responding.

Sometimes pressing the button in the other direction will rectify it sometimes it won't and I'll be fiddling with the button like a madman. This problem affects both switches on either side of the car.

I've taken it in to the dealership and successfully demonstrated it to the service guy but when the mechanic came to check it out it worked fine. I let them have it for two days and it still never happened again to them. Anyways they replaced the motor and relay but still the problem persists.

Has anyone experienced this problem before? Or any suggestions? I'd like to have some fellow 8th gen feedback before I take it back in.
i would have replaced the passengers side window switch first.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the responses guys.

It only affects the passenger side window but it doesn't matter whether I use the drivers side switch or the passenger side switch. It's really annoying to explain to the dealership cuz it works whenever the mechanic looks at it.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Well the problem is Honda doesn't really give a crap. They'll only fix things if they're blatantly broken.

You could try a new switch part number 35760-SNA-A13 for the 2 door Si passenger side switch.
You can buy it here for $14 plus $15 shipping. https://www.1sthondaparts.com/ It comes from a Washington dealership. Items under $20 they don't assess duty or taxes on.

Here's a good parts catalogue (but they don't ship to Canada)
Genuine Honda Front Door Lining - 2007 Honda Civic Front Door Lining - Coupe SI 6MT KA B__3910

If you buy a switch and it fixes the problem then send the faulty switch back to Honda and demand to be reimbursed. The switch is easy to install, the plastic piece its in just pops out. Pop it out carefully so you don't crack anything.

The signal might get router through the passenger side switch even if using the driver's side. That's why I suggest it. I could be totally wrong though. You should take the door panel off and investigate it. They come off quite easily actually.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
i would say that the switch on the passenger side is faulty or not plugged in all the way and losing connecter everyonce in awhile. i found out on my old civic when i was getting all my interior redoned at a shop because i just had the driverside switch in that i couldn't control the other windows.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.