8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife just picked up a low mileage 2007 Acura TL.
3.2 Liter - pretty decked out.
I drove it around tonight, and It's nice, and seems very high quality, but it's not an Si. The driving experience is fairly ho hum.
It doesn't have that "direct connection to the road feel" that I get with my Si, and I'm sure the acceleration is good, but I miss the Si's engine sound. The paddle shifter is nifty, but it's not like rowing through the Si's 6 speed.
Honda definitely created a unique driving experience with the Si.
Just sayin'....

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
Congrats man, my younger bro just picked up a 10' TL-SH AWD with tech package and I'm uber jealous. Thing is badass.

·
Registered
31 Posts
same here. I really wanted a 6 speed TL, but couldn't find a used one with anything less than 80k miles. ended up with the si, and i'm happy with it

·
Registered
432 Posts
Yeah, you are right. After trading in my SI and having owned a lot of cars in my life time, the SI is unique and it sure is a driver's machine. My WRX is boring compared to the SI. The only car that comes close is my new Miata although it's in an entire different category.

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
Last time I checked the steering was pretty numb, brakes a bit spongy, and throttle was like a digital on/off (thx drivebywire) switch on my FG2... Still I'm sure it's better than a TL :), just sayin...

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Last time I checked the steering was pretty numb, brakes a bit spongy, and throttle was like a digital on/off (thx drivebywire) switch on my FG2... Still I'm sure it's better than a TL :), just sayin...
I don't think anyones said it's better than a TL....just in a different league...they both do diff things.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts