8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

My vtec stopped working. Need Feedback Please

1K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  rickhilbert 
#1 ·
I have a 2006 civic si and was riding home from work today and realized my i-vtec wasn't working at all. I know it sometimes won't work if your car isn't warmed up of if your oil is low but i had already driven about 20 miles when i realized this so my car was plenty warm. And i had my oil changed at the local honda dealership on thursday (4 days ago). And I'm absolutely sure that it has worked since i had my oil changed. Any ideas on what the problem might be? I already called the dealership and they told me to bring my car in in the morning.

#7 ·
yeah check ur oil level ... you could be leaking oil and not know it, and as mentioned the vtec solonoid might be malfunctioning ... but if you oil isnt low and your sure the car was warmed up properly before trying to hit vtec, then the best thing to do is let the dealer take a look at

#14 ·
Check the solenoid. It's behind the cylinder head on the left. There's 3 bolts holding it on the block. That filter might be grimy. Do you use conventional oil or synthetic?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.