8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 civic si and was riding home from work today and realized my i-vtec wasn't working at all. I know it sometimes won't work if your car isn't warmed up of if your oil is low but i had already driven about 20 miles when i realized this so my car was plenty warm. And i had my oil changed at the local honda dealership on thursday (4 days ago). And I'm absolutely sure that it has worked since i had my oil changed. Any ideas on what the problem might be? I already called the dealership and they told me to bring my car in in the morning.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I also have an injen CAI and P2R tbs and gaskets. And i don't have any cel's either so i really have no clue.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
yeah check ur oil level ... you could be leaking oil and not know it, and as mentioned the vtec solonoid might be malfunctioning ... but if you oil isnt low and your sure the car was warmed up properly before trying to hit vtec, then the best thing to do is let the dealer take a look at

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
its at 100% according to my dash. Did u read the post?
saying 100% has absolutley nothing to do with your oil level ... the oil life meter only goes by mileage so you have a "rough" estimate on the "life" of the oil and when the oil should be changed, not your oil level

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
My oil light just went on before i had it changed (which was on friday). And I'm pretty sure im not leaking. Just checked oil, it is full

·
Wanna be troll
5,740 Posts
Check the solenoid. It's behind the cylinder head on the left. There's 3 bolts holding it on the block. That filter might be grimy. Do you use conventional oil or synthetic?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts