8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i installed my hids about two weeks ago, this is the 6000k volt kit from xenon depot
The whole setup out of the car

before

passenger side ballast

driver side ballast

just after install

at night without the fogs

with fogs

passenger side

from inside

close up of driver side headlight

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
thanks
and yea only for the reason that i was swapping out my fog lights because one of them was cracked otherwise i probably wouldnt have taken the bumper off

·
Banned
171 Posts
Hey I am going to install my HIDs soon. i was wondering where the ballasts where mounted? I couldn't tell from the picture exactly where they were. If its not too much, can you take a pic of each one from further away?

Thanks. and they look great!

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
uh, i think your ballasts are upside down. the flat part of the screw holes should be lying against wherever you choose to mount them, not the other way around. you can tell cause your screws aren't really screwed in, there's no bite. did you use double-sided tape?

·
Registered
967 Posts
Nice install!! i just installed my 6000K HIDs today too. I have an Si and it was soo hard to find a good place to mount the ballast. yours definitely looked like there was a lot more room to put it.

·
Banned
171 Posts
uh, i think your ballasts are upside down. the flat part of the screw holes should be lying against wherever you choose to mount them, not the other way around. you can tell cause your screws aren't really screwed in, there's no bite. did you use double-sided tape?
Does it matter if they are upside down or not? I will also be using double sided tape in my installation later.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
there is another thread in here in which the guy mounted his ballast the same way the reason i did it this way is because the side of the ballast you see isnt flat there are raised ridges on it and the other side is flat and the screws that i used are in there they are 1 1/2" self tapping screws and i know they held, i didnt thought they were upside down at first as well but the side that is down is flat

1 - 14 of 14 Posts