8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i have been having 2nd gear problems for a while, so i took my car into my honda dealer about a month ago for them to fix it. I got my car back and they say its fine i leave and it still isnt working right. I was driving the other day and i start hearing a grinding noise while it was in second. so on my drive home i put the car in 2nd and it pops out then it starts making a knocking noise in every gear. so i get home call dealer and take my car in a later that day. well to make a long story short i get a call from my service advisor the next day saying that i need a new tranny case and they are not going to cover it because the mods i have done to my car (I,RH,E). i tell them what does any of those parts have to do with the tranny they give me no answer. so my ? is what should i do they said the cost of the tranny case is $4,000. btw my car has 26,700 miles on it. its funny how when i had little things wrong with the car the didnt care about the mods i have but now that its something spendy they wont cover it. any info would help :sadwavy:

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Magnuson-Moss warranty act. The mod has to be a direct reason as to why your transmission failed. They could say the extra power the mods gave your car put a lot more stress then the tranny was meant to handle...

Which is complete bullshit, but it can be made into a legit argument. I'd say the dealership wins on this one and hopefully you can find a different dealership that will be cooler and hopefully replace it for you for free.

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
What is wrong with the transmission case? Is it cracked?

How do you drive you car, lots of clutch dumps and slamming gears?

That sucks, this is something you don't really hear about much from any brand of car.

ood luck getting it fixed. Maybe take it home and try another dealer?

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
my 2nd gear had been grinding so the metal from the gear went all through the tranny from what i was told.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts