8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My torn apart tranny

I thought you guys (gals) would like a look.

My car is in the shop (07 FG2) for tranny noise. Like a whining noise in all gears. Sound like the noise when you in reverse but does it in all forward gears at all speeds. The dealer called honda tech and they said it has happened before and is usually is inside the LSD and bearings. So its getting fixed. Car has 10k miles and I do not drive it hard therefore loving my 28-29mpg. Did find something out I did not know though. People are buying the magnetic drain plugs, our car has a nice big .5 inch square one in it already.

LSD and main drive gear

Tranny magnet with very little shavings

Clutch

·
Registered
5,595 Posts
I am so glad that i have an auto. Atleast i don't have to deal with this manual transmission bullshit and the problems the SI's have sounds like a pain in the ass. The R18 Manuals don't have any problems either. Autos ftw! :thumb:

·
Registered
50,064 Posts
06CivEXJon said:
I am so glad that i have an auto. Atleast i don't have to deal with this manual transmission bullshit and the problems the SI's have sounds like a pain in the ass. The R18 Manuals don't have any problems either. Autos ftw! :thumb:
well research

honda auto trannys are ****.

i own an auto tranny so dont look at me like an ******* just stating the facts

·
Registered
23,477 Posts
06CivEXJon said:

Ummm...I owned an 2007 R18 M/T up until 3 months ago before I traded for 2007 FA5, 2nd and 3rd gears were rough (not smooth). I did have 2nd and 3rd pop out on that as well from time to time...

·
Registered
4,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Xtreme Thunder said:
Good luck Joe!

Kinda cool to see inside our trannys! :popcorn:

I thought it was cool 2, till it hit me that its my tranny all torn apart on the table.

·
Registered
6,717 Posts
well it was not as bad as mine.

·
Registered
4,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I was told the car would be ready on tuesday

Lets see if they can really get the parts on time, Since the LSD is one of the only parts still made in japan.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts