8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ballin'

rim size: 15 inches baby! Tire size: 175/70/15

this is what happened to my other one....

I hit a pothole REALLY hard and bent my rim bad. Really bad. New rim and tire will be around 400 dollars.... dang....

this was the before pic:

has anyone else bent a rim before?

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
BTW i was thinkin about gettin my new rim chrome coated. maybe put some sweet wal-mart spinners on there. LMAO jk...

·
Registered
2,995 Posts

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Never bent one b4...at first, I thought I was looking at the RSX Type-S rims when I saw your car
Yeah theyre kinda similar... they are the 05 EP3-R5 Si HFP wheels... 17's

how fast were you goin?
Between 55-60... but it was at the bottom of a curve... a van came across the yellow line on the road and i had to go off the road to not hit it... the pot hole wasnt on the road, but on the gravel shoulder (I live in the country so the shoulders arent paved)

·
Hidy Ho Neighbor
29,707 Posts
Last winter, I did the same to two HFP rims on one side simultaneously, along with ruining the tires. I feel your pain... :sadwavy:

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How much does it weigh? You must be hauling ass now.
Yeah dude I'm like 50 pounds lighter which means i have at least 25 more horsepower. And soon im gonna debadge it and that will make it like 10 pounds lighter which means like 5 more horsepower. Plus, I already have the sweet 8thcivic stickers on there which adds at least 50. So....

140+25+5+50= 220 horsepower

man, im faster than Si's now :laughing:

hahaha

·
Registered
213 Posts
Yeah theyre kinda similar... they are the 05 EP3-R5 Si HFP wheels... 17's

Between 55-60... but it was at the bottom of a curve... a van came across the yellow line on the road and i had to go off the road to not hit it... the pot hole wasnt on the road, but on the gravel shoulder (I live in the country so the shoulders arent paved)

You're gona end up paying $400+ all over a van who came across a yellow line.. ouch!

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
lol youre tellin me... driving on a donut is freaking embarrassing... everyone looks at it. I have gotten more looks with it on then with my regular rims on haha

1 - 20 of 22 Posts