8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after reading many posts I've put this small combo together...will probably be purchasing after the new year (after my wallet repleneshes itself from christmas) This is all for an FG2 btw.

-Tokico Blues
-Eibach sportlines
-Skunk2 Camber kit all around

Sound good in terms of handling and reliability? My car will rarely see a track but I just dont want my handling to be worse than stock since its pretty good now.

·
Premium Member
2,754 Posts
That combo will be a good setup for improved handling and reliability.

Feel free to PM me if you need that setup and a price.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
its a back and forth argument but I think you may as well run the stock struts until they blow, then buy new, better ones

·
Registered
354 Posts
The Pro Kit springs will be better suited to the stock shocks... the tokicos are just a replacmet shock. they might have a bit better valving but you would be better off with the HFP shocks if you can find a set wthout springs. the sportlines are to low for the stock shocks. The HFP are sitffer and are made to work about 18-24MM lower then the stock shocks.. and they have a little more adj in the front for camber.. but I say get camber kits front and rear,Pro Kit or Comptech springs, and save your money on shocks and get a progress rear swaybar with end links... then late next year get koni yellows

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
that sounds like a good setup, it makes good use of what we have availalbe for the car. what holland said is correct. but where do you draw the limit to the waiting?

i mean the car has been out for more than 1/2 of this generations body style. there is always going to be a better part coming out. for example, when teh koni yellows come out, im sure there will be another damper that comes out that i that much better. so are you supposed to wait even longer than that? there are still parts coming out for past honda motors, it will never end....

/end rant
if you want to drop your car now, that is a great setup.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the replies everyone....at first I was going to go with the HFP drop...its affordable and simple with a mild drop...now Im thinking of picking up the kspeed GP style rim and I know those on a stock height civic will make everyone want to yack so I figured I'll go with the Tokico's...and just like NightHawk is saying how long are we suppose to wait for specific parts to come out? (koni, comptech, HKS, ARC) Im very impatient lol...you guys think the rims will still look alright with just the HFP drop?

·
Registered
948 Posts
yeah it will... i mean i prefer a more agressive drop but thats my taste. also, i found a skunk2 camber kit for 229, havent found anything within 30 bucks of it. check my thread a few down for the link/number

·
Registered
8,756 Posts
Tokico's are replacement dampers, so with a more aggressive drop like Eibach Sports you'll find them wearing out quicker. If you're using Tokico's I wouldn't go more than Tein H-techs or Eibach Pro's. Plus, aggressively dropped cars don't handle as well due to the decreased suspension travel. So I wouldn't drop more than 1" anyway.

·
Premium Member
2,754 Posts
TOKICO's are not just OE replacement shocks. They are designed to work with a lowering spring and are valved 20-50% more aggressively than stock. They would be perfect for the Eibach springs or TEIN springs. I wouldn't run them with Skunk2 springs although you can, b/c I think Skunk2's are too aggressive for just about any shock other than the KONI Yellows.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thankyou all for the responses...I am leaning towards the HFP kit but here in canada its about 800 to 900 (or more depending where you go) so I figured for that price I can get the tokicos with the prokit and still have enough for a camberkit right?

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
dont know canada pricing, but in teh US, tokico ~$500, pro-kit $200, camber kit $220. so your looking at $900 USD for the entire setup. it might cost a little more than HFP, but the drop will be much more noticable than the HFP.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts